ferry to puerto rico

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
apparently they are already working, see last comment on the thread:
http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/158517-Ferry-from-Santo-Domingo-fire-onboard/page6

here is what i get when trying to get tickets
s.

The San Juan - Santo Domingo route is no longer running and there are currently no direct alternative ferry services between Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic either. Please browse our route, port, destination or ferry company pages to see if there is an alternative option or follow the links on this page for further information.n

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Maybe they forgot to change the phone answering machine.

A retired General I know was supposed to be going on the ferry 2-3 weeks ago.
I will try to get with him in the next couple of days and ask if he went.

We had talked about the fare and I suggested he take a cabin for the night.
Too rough and cold to sleep in the lounge chairs area.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Some friends came over last week, two on motorcycles one on a Can-Am

They paid $180 r/t for themselves, $180 r/t for each bike, and $110 r/t for a room, All-in they spent almost $400 each.

I've been thinking about doing a DR-PR tour, but those prices are whacking that idea...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
here is what i get when trying to get tickets
s.

The San Juan - Santo Domingo route is no longer running and there are currently no direct alternative ferry services between Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic either. Please browse our route, port, destination or ferry company pages to see if there is an alternative option or follow the links on this page for further information.n

You have to buy tickets through a travel agent in the DR. You cannot buy them on-line.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
They also have offices in Santo Domingo and Santiago that sell tickets.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I'm curious about something... ( no not a fugitive just yet)..
but can you travel to Puerto Rico with just your US Driv Lic or birth Cert ? or do you need to show the Passport as well ?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I'm curious about something... ( no not a fugitive just yet)..
but can you travel to Puerto Rico with just your US Driv Lic or birth Cert ? or do you need to show the Passport as well ?

If you are in the U.S., yes, otherwise you need a passport to enter the U.S.

Mainland to P.R. normal travel.

D.R. to P.R., you are at your 1st port of entry to the U.S.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I'm not talking about entering FROM the US, I'm talking about entering PR from the DR,

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I clarified my answer.

Ok, i get it now.
Not sure why i got confused... The Cruise ships for some reason, no Passport needed to step on land, even St Thomas, nassau etc etc .. but i guess that is strictly cuz they keep a record of passengers on board and if someone comes up missing they know exact names etc...