The person on the other side

Does Not Have a Bank Account.

Can I put dollars into a FedEx

or will DR customs seize it 

for themselves?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Definitely do not send cash via FedEx. Trust me they will find it. Would Western Union work?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I have to send money to India.

The person on the other side

Does Not Have a Bank Account.

Can I put dollars into a FedEx

or will DR customs seize it 

for themselves?

NEVER send money through the mail. Very bad idea. You have to declare what you are sending through Fed-Ex. If customs in the DR doesn't grab it than at the other end it will be taken. Send it through Western Union.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
sending money out of the DR, novel idea,,, and to India no less....buy all means use western union.......that will certainly give western union a headache, as both countries on on their fraud list... you will probably have to talk to their fraud prevention people, but not to worry... please tell use how this works out.....Doc.....

Fernandez

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
Yes, put cash in the envelope.
Send it to my house.
We will forward it to your expected final recipient.
Promise.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Just in case anyone reading wants to send money from DR abroad to someone who does have a bank account, I have done this a few times via Banco Popular, you do it through online banking and it's very easy. Takes minutes to send. And there's also Paypal.

Regarding the OP, it all sounds very dodgy, I hope there's not a significant amount of money involved. Even people who don't have bank accounts normally have a Paypal or something similar.