Casa Sánchez Boutique Hotel now has a restaurant

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Casa Sánchez Boutique Hotel in the Colonial Zone, now has a restaurant, which will please the many of you who have stayed there. The new restaurant has top international chef Algenis Lorenzo. Algenis most recently worked at Meson de la Cava, one of the best restaurants in Santo Domingo and also has worked in Spain, Canada, Switzerland and the UK. The restaurant provides gourmet food in the lovely patio garden of a very historic part of the hotel, the house of Federico Henriquez y Carvajal, so its the perfect setting for a wonderful dinner under the stars. Algenis creates a fusion of flavours from the tropics and sources all his ingredients locally. Like everything at Casa Sanchez, we provide great service and Algenis is happy to change things to make them exactly as you like them. Next time you come, be sure to try the restaurant.

[video]https://apps.facebook.com/casasanchezhotel/videos/1423102631115209/[/video]

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I think I will try that Hotel next time...I usually stay at Hotel Conde Penalba in Colonial Zone on the Colon Park.
Can anyone compare the two?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I haven't stayed at the Conde Penalba, but Casa Sánchez has more facilities, such as a pool and gym, and also has a higher rating on the different booking sites and TripAdvisor (4.5 CS and 4.0 CP). The website will give you more information www.casasanchezhotel.com.

Matilda

newuser

Bronze
May 12, 2002
Casa Sánchez Boutique Hotel in the Colonial Zone, now has a restaurant, which will please the many of you who have stayed there. The new restaurant has top international chef Algenis Lorenzo. Algenis most recently worked at Meson de la Cava, one of the best restaurants in Santo Domingo and also has worked in Spain, Canada, Switzerland and the UK. The restaurant provides gourmet food in the lovely patio garden of a very historic part of the hotel, the house of Federico Henriquez y Carvajal, so its the perfect setting for a wonderful dinner under the stars. Algenis creates a fusion of flavours from the tropics and sources all his ingredients locally. Like everything at Casa Sanchez, we provide great service and Algenis is happy to change things to make them exactly as you like them. Next time you come, be sure to try the restaurant.

[video]https://apps.facebook.com/casasanchezhotel/videos/1423102631115209/[/video]

Is the restaurant open only to guests of the hotel or do they also serve non clients?

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
I like that hotel, but they need to re-shoot this piece. It doesn't make me want to go eat there.
Good to see some of the dishes available but what about the tables, settings, the ambience?
Turn off that auto focus, It made me dizzy.