Referral Needed: CAD/CAM Machine Shop, Custom Auto Painter & Powder/Ceramic Coater

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Referral Needed: CAD/CAM Machine Shop, Custom Auto Painter & Powder/Ceramic Coater

I've got some projects coming up and need to get some ducks in line.

I have three specific needs. Going to the US will not be possible, it has to be the DR. I need:
  • A machine shop with CAD/CAM capabilities for a short prototype run of a small metal device requiring some precision.
  • The best, or near best, custom auto painter on the island with proper prep knowledge and workspace, spray booth & curing booth, experienced in multi-step paint processed from raw gelcoated fiberglass to hand rubbed clear coats. Not looking for Jose in the barrio or even a car dealer. I need an artist.
  • A vendor who can apply powder coating (including textures" to aluminum, and apply high-temp ceramic coating to iron and steel (like Jet Hot).
If you know someone, or know someone who knows someone, I'd be grateful for the referral.

Thanks in advance.

sddr

I love Dominicans!!!!
Aug 29, 2016
LOL, LOL and LOL :) c'mon man, you are in DR :) don't waste your time and ask somebody to do it in US for you, if you can't travel there for that.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
LOL, LOL and LOL :) c'mon man, you are in DR :) don't waste your time and ask somebody to do it in US for you, if you can't travel there for that.
CB said:
Going to the US will not be possible, it has to be the DR.

I need the shops in the DR

sddr

I love Dominicans!!!!
Aug 29, 2016
I need the shops in the DR

You need something that doesn't exist in DR. The same like there are no Dominican astronauts and there is no Dominican Institute of Nuclear Energy Research.

You can't even find the simple powder coating here to paint something like offroad bumper guard. And you are talking about PRECISION lol.. CAD/CAM lol... in DR :)

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014

I am with you SDDR, he wants all this precision from a shop in DR? lol.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Come on man! what part of 3rd and a half world country do you not understand.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Cobra, you wrote this just to get a rise out of the members, right? You been part of this forum long enough to know better.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You need something that doesn't exist in DR. The same like there are no Dominican astronauts and there is no Dominican Institute of Nuclear Energy Research.

You can't even find the simple powder coating here to paint something like offroad bumper guard. And you are talking about PRECISION lol.. CAD/CAM lol... in DR :)

I am with you SDDR, he wants all this precision from a shop in DR? lol.

Well aren't you both very helpful........ :(

No referral? That's okay. No post then.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
D’Alza
Fabrication shop, Machine shop Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic, Job Shop / Contract Manufacturer

The above was found in a Google Search, but may no longer exist.

How about contacting Metaldom in Santo Domingo? They might have people they supply with their metal products.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
D’Alza
Fabrication shop, Machine shop Distrito Nacional, Dominican Republic, Job Shop / Contract Manufacturer

The above was found in a Google Search, but may no longer exist.

How about contacting Metaldom in Santo Domingo? They might have people they supply with their metal products.
I searched first. As you know many Dominican businesses don't have websites.

I have not called MetalDom yet, and that's a good suggestion.

Clearly, I make be chasing unicorns. I am sure there are excellent paint shops in the DR.

If there is no powder or ceramic coating firm, that may be a business opportunity. I found one powder coated, but the phone (cell) isn't answered.

sddr

I love Dominicans!!!!
Aug 29, 2016
Post Deleted by Moderator; infraction given

Last edited by a moderator:

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I had my springs on both of my motorcycles "Powder Coated" in SD a couple of years ago. I no longer have the name or number (new phone), but i got the number from the head mechanic at the KTM dealership in SD. His name is Daniel Abreu, and his number is: 809-769-5812. This is also his Whatapp number, and that maybe the best way to reach him, because when he is at work (KTM dealership), he is very busy and will not answer the phone. It's better you send him a message. I was just with him on Sunday.

Frank

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I just sent him a message asking for the name of the Powder Coaters, but it would be a good idea to ask him your original question about CAD/Cam shops. he would probably know.

He speaks English. He's also flown every year to the KTM headquarters in Europe or North American to learn KTM software/mechanic/new models, etc. He is the only Licensed KTM mechanic on the island, I think. I think its required if you are a Dealership.

Frank