CNN Listed Casa De Campo 6th Best All Inclusive Resort in the world

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
been there a while ago. not as nice as i expected but i did not get to see much of due to time shortage. great pastries at breakfast time tho. i think i ate about one kilo worth of croissants every day.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Firstly Casa de Campo is not an all inclusive hotel ..at times you can get an all inclusive package but it is essentially an hotel that gives you a bed or bed and breakfast . When you think of all incusive ,you think of all the free drinks and all the free buffets ..CDC is not like that .
The great problem in all these assessments is that the advertising dollar takes over all the time . In my opinion as a golfer who likes a comfortable hotel on the fairways, there are at least 6 better ones in the Caribbean alone ..and ones where you are not being ripped off all the time

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Wasn't it CNN that has the "expose" on that AI in Boca Chica? Where they basically confirmed the worst-kept secrets on the island?

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Firstly Casa de Campo is not an all inclusive hotel ..at times you can get an all inclusive package but it is essentially an hotel that gives you a bed or bed and breakfast . When you think of all incusive ,you think of all the free drinks and all the free buffets ..CDC is not like that .
The great problem in all these assessments is that the advertising dollar takes over all the time . In my opinion as a golfer who likes a comfortable hotel on the fairways, there are at least 6 better ones in the Caribbean alone ..and ones where you are not being ripped off all the time

The "teeth of the dog" golf course is pretty nice, but the resort is overpriced.