US Medical Veterans Assistance DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
To anyone who may be interested, I had an ad pop up on Instagram. "Serving U.S. veterans in the DR"

info@mlvadr.com
http://www.mlvadr.com

24f7c8b45a8c530834d31c7230a51010.png

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
I have visited the clinic in Santiago I ran into a retired Navy vet and he gave me their card. I knew they had plans to expand but not so fast.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
I have a friend who recently went through a lot of paperwork and approvals to be able to work with U.S. Veterans on the North Coast. She is not a doctor but has approval connect Veterans with the right providers here in the DR with approval of the Department of Veteran's Affairs. I will provide contact details if you PM me. Don't want to seem like I'm advertising! Judy

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I have visited their location numerous times in Santiago. They are very friendly and helpful. They give me my allergy shot and even did some EKG's and blood pressure testing. NO CHARGE (I have to take my own shot of Valerpan for the allergies).

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
I have a friend who recently went through a lot of paperwork and approvals to be able to work with U.S. Veterans on the North Coast. She is not a doctor but has approval connect Veterans with the right providers here in the DR with approval of the Department of Veteran's Affairs. I will provide contact details if you PM me. Don't want to seem like I'm advertising! Judy

I'm 99.99% sure this friend has no approvals. There are NO VA providers or legit VA organizations in DR. Additionally TRICARE and Champus (Military Health Insurers) do not have contracts outside the US. This "MELIVEA" place has their logos on their buildings.
9eaf50509e3e2dd8a67c42b6719f3e48

No US Govt entities use a dot.com email domain- this is not a legitimate US government email domain. Nor do they solicit donations via PayPal. Dead giveaway. The only VA ambulatory care facility located in a foreign country is in the Republic of the Phillippines.

Here is a 2017 link to a list of all (NON-GOVT) Veterans' service organizations recognized by the VA. Please note that "Medical Liaison and Veteran Assistance" is not listed nor are there any overseas.

https://www.va.gov/vso/VSO-Directory.pdf

There is a Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) officer at the American Embassy in Santo Domingo who assists U.S. citizens, Dominicans and third country nationals who receive benefits from the Social Security Administration, Railroad Retirement Board, Office of Personnel Management, and the Department of Veterans Affairs. They/he is not from the VA, the FBU works for the State Department assisting those with questions and or entitled to US benefits.

VETS, do yourself a favor and complete any claims or assistance you may need in the US from the VA or from the many legit non-profit organizations that assist vets prior to your travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.