Nice looking places to take photos

sddr

I love Dominicans!!!!
Aug 29, 2016
Need some info for some photo project.

There are some places in DR there you can take photos indoors and when you look at those photos you can’t say that it’s not in US…. I mean inside some new malls, Outback Steakhouse, Hard Rock Cafe, Denny’s in Santo Domingo, some hotels and some resorts… All look similar to US. For example, new SuperFresh supermarket in Santo Domingo looks very similar to Publix supermarkets in Florida.

But if you take photos outside, it’s a totally different story. Parking lots, buildings, junk cars parked here and there, garbage, lamp posts, sidewalks, how curbs are painted, everything is saying this picture is taken somewhere in a 3rd world country.

Maybe somebody can guide me to some places in DR, maybe in Punta Cana area or somewhere else, that look exactly how the similar places look in US? I mean, some place where you can take photos outside and it will look like it’s in Florida? Maybe some new shopping plazas in Punta Cana area, or something like that? I found that AlSol Luxury Village in CapCana is very nice to take photos there, but I am looking for places outside resorts and hotels too... where I can just drive to, get out of the car with a model and take some nice pictures without tons of garbage and motoconchos in the background.

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
The mini mall area in Bavaro on Ave Alemania with the restaurant Citrus could look like FL any day of the week.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

There are some places in DR there you can take photos indoors and when you look at those photos you can’t say that it’s not in US…. I mean inside some new malls, Outback Steakhouse, Hard Rock Cafe, Denny’s in Santo Domingo, some hotels and some resorts… All look similar to US. For example, new SuperFresh supermarket in Santo Domingo looks very similar to Publix supermarkets in Florida.

But if you take photos outside, it’s a totally different story. Parking lots, buildings, junk cars parked here and there, garbage, lamp posts, sidewalks, how curbs are painted, everything is saying this picture is taken somewhere in a 3rd world country.

Maybe somebody can guide me to some places in DR, maybe in Punta Cana area or somewhere else, that look exactly how the similar places look in US? I mean, some place where you can take photos outside and it will look like it’s in Florida? Maybe some new shopping plazas in Punta Cana area, or something like that? I found that AlSol Luxury Village in CapCana is very nice to take photos there, but I am looking for places outside resorts and hotels too... where I can just drive to, get out of the car with a model and take some nice pictures without tons of garbage and motoconchos in the background.

It's not that difficult. The Colonial Zone in SD, Altos de Chevon in La Romana, Cayo Leventado in Samana Bay, Limon Falls...should I go on. The internet is your friend.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The fairly new Bellon Ferretería in Santiago looks a lot like Home Depot in Florida inside.

Apr 7, 2014

Various places in Santiago. Villa Olga has several main streets that look like Coconut Grove and South Miami.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

sddr

I love Dominicans!!!!
Aug 29, 2016
It's not that difficult. The Colonial Zone in SD, Altos de Chevon in La Romana, Cayo Leventado in Samana Bay, Limon Falls...should I go on. The internet is your friend.

I am not talking about waterfalls, beaches, etc. I am talking about buildings, streets, shopping plazas (outside them), etc. Nothing in Zona Colonial looks like in US. Altos de Chavon does not look like Florida... but, for example, marina in Cap Cana looks very similar.

As I mentioned before, the mall inside can look like in US, but the parking lot and the surrounding areas always have ugly Dominican details... In Panama I could find places that look exactly like in US... in Colombia there are a lot of red brick buildings, and if you take photos in front of some of them, it looks like somewhere in New York or other US cities.. But it's difficult to find something like this in DR.

sddr

I love Dominicans!!!!
Aug 29, 2016
Various places in Santiago. Villa Olga has several main streets that look like Coconut Grove and South Miami.

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

no, those streets in Santiago is not what I am looking for... but I googled photos of this place in Bavaro, it's more or less what I need:

The mini mall area in Bavaro on Ave Alemania with the restaurant Citrus could look like FL any day of the week.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

sddr

I love Dominicans!!!!
Aug 29, 2016
The fairly new Bellon Ferretería in Santiago looks a lot like Home Depot in Florida inside.

Yes, thank you :)

What I need to do is take some photos of a girl in sexy clothes, on high heels, with brand shopping bags in her hands, in front of malls, shopping plazas, sexy posing like she is so happy after her shopping day and how she puts those bags in her Mustang convertible parked in front of some shops. Then take photos of her sitting in some outdoor cafe with some nice looking desserts, etc... Must look like photos are taken somewhere in US, but it's not worth it to fly to Miami for just taking 20 or 30 photos, and I am busy with other work and the girl is here in DR now so I need to do it during next two or three weeks.

Sep 4, 2012
You are in the DR but would like to have photos of places that look like the USA, ah?

Well, any mall would do, Agora, Blue Mall or any supermarket, National, Pola, etc

Sep 4, 2012
Now read my posts again )

Stop anywhere while driving east to PC, the blue Caribbean sea waters would be there every time. La cuevas de las maravilas was a nice niche I found past SPM. JD and Guayacanes are pretty spots, all free.

sddr

I love Dominicans!!!!
Aug 29, 2016
Stop anywhere while driving east to PC, the blue Caribbean sea waters would be there every time. La cuevas de las maravilas was a nice niche I found past SPM. JD and Guayacanes are pretty spots, all free.

Now read again and try to understand what I am looking for. So far only healimonster gave me exact answer to my question, that's what I am looking for. Maybe some other places?

Sep 4, 2012
Yes, thank you :)

What I need to do is take some photos of a girl in sexy clothes, on high heels, with brand shopping bags in her hands, in front of malls, shopping plazas, sexy posing like she is so happy after her shopping day and how she puts those bags in her Mustang convertible parked in front of some shops. Then take photos of her sitting in some outdoor cafe with some nice looking desserts, etc... Must look like photos are taken somewhere in US, but it's not worth it to fly to Miami for just taking 20 or 30 photos, and I am busy with other work and the girl is here in DR now so I need to do it during next two or three weeks.

A better idea for pictures that would like like FL would be to actually take the pictures while in FL.

sddr

I love Dominicans!!!!
Aug 29, 2016
A better idea for pictures that would like like FL would be to actually take the pictures while in FL.

I travel there if I need to do hundreds of photos and hours of videos... for just a few photos in this case it's not worth it. And this work can be done here, just need to find some places that will look nice from some angles.