bus from Punta Cana to Sto Dom?

Mike_M

Feb 23, 2002
I will be arriving 3/13 at Punta Cana about 2-3 in the afternoon and would like to make my way to Santo Domingo. Anybody know of any of the bus lines that offer service or any other suggestions? Thanks

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
There is an Express Bus to Santo Domingo from the Bavaro bus stop that leaves at 4 pm. If your flight gets in at 2 pm, you could make this bus, would be kind of risky if your flight gets in at 3 pm. These buses leave on time. The next bus is at 7 in the morning. It takes almost four hours to get to Santo Domingo. The cost is less than US$10 (about RD$120, price could have changed recently.) If you miss that bus, catch a bus to Higuey (about RD$25). These buses leave about every 15 minutes. From Higuey, buses leave on the hour for Santo Domingo, with the last bus at 6:30 pm, so you have time to make this bus. The cost to Santo Domingo from Higuey is less than RD$100. Just check what the going fare is. It is a standard fare. You should cash money into pesos to pay for the fare. The bus will probably drop you off in Enriquillo Park -- in the midst of the Avenida Duarte bargain price shopping district. From there you can take a RD$60 taxi to your destination in Santo Domingo, or just catch any of the cheaper transportation ways any fellow passenger will recommend.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Express Bus, Higuey to Santo Domingo

Dolores and folks, the express bus fare from Higuey to Santo Domingo is RD$70. I had the pleasure of the service of Tuesday last. It is a clean and comfortable coach. The trip is about 2.5 hours and the coach will stop to let off passengers in San Pedro de Macoris, Boca Chica and on request in Santo Domingo enroute to Enriquillo Park. Regards, PJT