Purchases on amazon ship to the dr

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
For a canadian cwanting to purchase on amazon can someone outline a note what is needed
US address? where to go
Us shipper to the dr?  Who
WHere does it go to near Puerto Plata?
Paypal ok?
Tks a ton

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Use a forwarder

For a canadian cwanting to purchase on amazon can someone outline a note what is needed
US address? where to go
Us shipper to the dr?  Who
WHere does it go to near Puerto Plata?
Paypal ok?
Tks a ton

You can use a forwarder like CPS (link below). Like them there are arround 20 Companies in the DR with moreless the same Service and Price. You will get a "Physical Address in Miami" to add to your Amazon (etc) account and they will forward it to the DR.

https://www.cps-dom.com/
The biggest Network of "Stores" where you can pick up your Goods might have a company called vimenpaq; https://www.vimenpaq.do/oficinas/sucursales/

Jan 17, 2009
You need an address in Miami with a ship-forwarding company, such as EPS, CPS, EncargoPaq, etc.  (they have offices in Sosua, Cabarete, and Puerto Plata--check their websites.  CPS delivers to your door).  

They'll give you an address in Miami where you can send your Amazon purchases.  You need to provide them with your receipt as anything below $200 (USD) does not pay taxes. 

I don't believe you can shop on Amazon with PayPal.  To receive your items here, as far as I know, you need to pay for the shipping costs (per pound) in cash.  

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Amazon products that state they can be shipped to the DR begin their journey with US postal service. Eventually these get transferred to the Dominican postal service and what happens next can be a source of frustration.

Most of us who purchase from Amazon make use of the freight forwarders already mentioned above because they work reliably for a known price.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Place your order with Amazon.  Give them your Canadian visa and the mailing address on your visa account, it is important that the billing address is correct.
The shipping address will be different,- it will be one of the companies that have been mentioned in previous posts.

When shopping amazon i try to pick items that have free shipping.  Then it gets to the forwarders in Miami free.  I only pay from Miami to the DR.

Life as a Canadian with a credit card in foreign countries will always be easier if you get a USA credit card.  Royal bank provides this,- probably other major Canadian banks  do the same thing.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
A big thank you everyone for your help.

You do realize that , an item that has a stated value of over $200 you will pay a large import tax in additon to the price you bought it at and the shipping cost from Fla. You must have Amazon include a receipt showing what you paid for the item otherwise the freight forwarder will hold it up.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Amazon doesn't include a receipt in the box. You have to logon to your Amazon account after the item ships and download the invoice yourself. Most if not all freight forwarders have a way for you to upload that invoice to their website so it can be matched with the package when it arrives in Miami.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Check your next shipment. The little piece of paper that is sometimes included in the box is a packing slip and is not suitable for customs purposes. Amazon is phasing these out as well for single box shipments they say to reduce waste. Amazon hasn't included invoices for items purchased in the US for delivery in the US for as long as I've had US account.

Both EPS and CPS send out frequent reminds to customers reminding them that they *must* submit an invoice for a shipment or that shipment may be delayed until the paperwork is received. Since all packages are opened stateside to verify contents, if an invoice was included, it would be removed and attached to the paperwork for the shipment and you'd never see it, thus you wouldn't know if it was there in the first place. Packing slips being of no interest to the courier or customs, if one is in the box, it usually stays in the box.

I'm prepared to admit that, I suppose, it's possible that some people's packages include an invoice, all I can say for certain that I have never received one and if I don't download and submit one myself, I get a nasty email telling me to do so forthwith.

What forwarder are you using that isn't asking you to supply an invoice?