Help to find a name for a baby boy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Looking for ideas. Thank you! :)

Please nothing like Roncoloconfesor, Jame Bond 007 or Donald. :)

Excited to see where this goes, lol

Last edited:

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
My grandson just got named Dairon in the DR. Taking a clue form my name Deryl. Sounds quite Spanishy to me and a good name.
Der Fish

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I'm partial to Melphis. Its actually a real name here in the DR. Not mine. I stole from the original guy.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
In my husband's family, they name the first boy and girl either exactly same as parent or a slight variation. Mother Elisa has daughter Elisabeth. Father Luis has son Luis.

Michael is a great name!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Try and find a name that works well in both your cultures/languages, a name that is well known enough without being too common, maybe a family name or variant that you also happen to like. A name that honours someone you admire - an eminent personality, historical/cultural figure or a friend. Make sure it doesn't mean anything silly in any other language.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
In my husband's family, they name the first boy and girl either exactly same as parent or a slight variation. Mother Elisa has daughter Elisabeth. Father Luis has son Luis.

Michael is a great name!!

Michael is my name. :) Never would be sure whom the wife is calling later :D

Technically it will be number three. I have a 14 y/o, my wife a 8 y/o, both boys too.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Try and find a name that works well in both your cultures/languages, a name that is well known enough without being too common, maybe a family name or variant that you also happen to like. A name that honours someone you admire - an eminent personality, historical/cultural figure or a friend. Make sure it doesn't mean anything silly in any other language.

totally agreed. i think - no offence to the fighting atheists - that some biblical names are really nice. i like daniel and david which sound/look similar in most languages.

also: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
totally agreed. i think - no offence to the fighting atheists - that some biblical names are really nice. i like daniel and david which sound/look similar in most languages.

also: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Birth will be around Xmas. But "Jesus" is not an option... :D Something starting with "A", "D", "M" or "T" probably but we do not know yet, that's why I am collecting ideas :)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Noel?

I am one of those atheists and I picked a New Testament + and Old Testament name for my son's names. The NT name is the Spanish version of one of my favourite English male names, and the OT name is my dad's name, which has been in the family for generations.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
how about theo. shortened from theodore which in greek means "the gift of god". my name is a female version of that :eek:

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Theo is very old school in Germany, just told my 80ish parents not to come up with names of the time of emperor Wilhelm II :D

Your name sounds so much better than the German version. :)

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Evan, Bradly, Christopher, Aarin, William, Earle, Bruce, George, Adam, Johnathan, Peter, David, .... there are lots of good names that translate into French, Spanish, and English with ease and acceptance.

Status
Not open for further replies.