Most skin friendly laundry detergent available in supermarkets in DR?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Can't stand the detergent anymore. It causes itching. Maybe it is the heat. Looking for the smoothest for the skin.

Any recommendation?

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
yes the water combined with the detergents can cause problems and I think it is good to use a good anti fungal cream to stop th e itching becoming something worse..

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I do not have the itching in general.

But, when driving (leather seats) at the lower back, appears the combination of sweat with something in the detergent...

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Try to find a detergent with no perfumes. Also no perfumed dryer sheets. 
Arm and Hammer fragrance free is good if you can find it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my guess is that it's not detergent but the process of washing. who does the laundry and what is used? we have a big ass all murican front loading machine and only i am authorized to use it. this way i put recommended dose of detergent instead of as-much-as-fits and because it is a fully automatic machine it does a thorough rinse too.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
We too have a big ass Samsung washing machine. More a computer actually. Everything automatic. Only my wife knows to use / program it.

I don't think it is the process of washing. Well, in a way it might be i suspect residue of the detergent staying in the clothes.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe she is using too much detergent? we use tide and i never put more than level 1 on the scoop. then downy in rinse compartment. never had a problem so far.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you have hard water, detergent tends not to froth so the natural inclination is to add more to compensate. You could also try a double rinse cycle to see if that helps. Perhaps a warm water rinse will be more effective in getting the residual soap out of the clothes if that is the problem.

Good luck.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
We too have a big ass Samsung washing machine. More a computer actually. Everything automatic. Only my wife knows to use / program it.

I don't think it is the process of washing. Well, in a way it might be i suspect residue of the detergent staying in the clothes.

I am sure you are right ..I think it is the water here with the residue that causes itching . I only have my clothes washed in very hot water but anything with an elastic belting of any type I make sure it is triple finished with plain hot water to get all the detergent out ..

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Who could possibly sell that in DR? What chain?

I am not sure if that particular brand is sold there but any fragrance free would work. 
Maybe someone currently living there could help.
Good luck in resolving the problem.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Can't stand the detergent anymore. It causes itching. Maybe it is the heat. Looking for the smoothest for the skin.

Any recommendation?

Anything without dyes and additives. As one person said a product that says "free and clear".

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
You could always try a laundry detergent made for babies, very gentle and can share with your new son when he arrives. 

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Try one of the branches of Orgánica (Agora Mall, Acropolis centre, Bella Piazza, Plaza Catalunya) - they sell mild, more natural detergents. Brace yourself for sticker shock.

Nacional has its Full Circle brand including laundry detergent.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Is that available in the DR?

My inquiry at Purex RD FB page:

"Hola Michael , puedes encontrarnos en Tiendas la Sirena, Jumbo, Supermercados Bravo, Nacional, Bebé Mundo, La Cadena, entre otros supermercados y tiendas por departamento ??????"

Si "hay" that is :D