Need Baseballs

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
A friend of mine has a son on a baseball team in Sabaneta. The coach is a normal Dominican who has few resources. The problem is a lack of baseballs to practice with. They don't need new baseballs, used baseballs will suffice. Hopefully people on this forum can help. Perhaps we have contacts with winter league baseball teams or the major league camps in the south.

If you can help PM me and I will arrange getting the baseballs to Sabaneta. These kids just want to play.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
A friend of mine has a son on a baseball team in Sabaneta. The coach is a normal Dominican who has few resources. The problem is a lack of baseballs to practice with. They don't need new baseballs, used baseballs will suffice. Hopefully people on this forum can help. Perhaps we have contacts with winter league baseball teams or the major league camps in the south.

If you can help PM me and I will arrange getting the baseballs to Sabaneta. These kids just want to play.
Why don't YOU buy the baseballs, Tarhell, with your own money?

Baseballs aren't expensive. You can buy a 3-dozen bucket of good practice balls for under US$160...

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
Why don't YOU buy the baseballs, Tarhell, with your own money?

Baseballs aren't expensive. You can buy a 3-dozen bucket of good practice balls for under US$160...

I would expect a reply like this from you Crowboy. I am not in the DR and will not be there until October. I would be happy to buy the baseballs with my own money. I am sure I have more money than you will ever see. Please don't reply to this message. Show some self restraint. Thank you.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I would expect a reply like this from you Crowboy. I am not in the DR and will not be there until October. I would be happy to buy the baseballs with my own money. I am sure I have more money than you will ever see. Please don't reply to this message. Show some self restraint. Thank you.
You can't buy them and ship them down?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Luis Polonia has a baseball academy in Santiago. Maybe have the coach get in touch with the academy. There use to be another baseball academy called Future All-Stars in that area, not sure if it is still there. But I would have the coach check at some of these academies. Quite a few run by former players. They may have some connections or have a idea where to get baseballs from.

May 5, 2007

Thanks for thinking of those kids, I know what you mean In the past I have solicited balls and bats from local high schools or universities They no longer use their practice balls when they get a bit "soft" but I assure you the kids would love them also had great luck with sporting goods stores, I think they are a New England company but Olympia Sports was outstanding in gifting clothes, equipment etc sometimes the clothes might be "dated," Like shirts with last years dates but again, the recipients were thrilled to have them

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Baseballs are quite an expense for a team. Son in law is coaching a new travel team of 11 year olds and that's one of his biggest expenses. 

We always bring down balls to dr. There's a huge field that we pass on the way to Santo Domingo, always boys of all ages playing there. They're campo kids and coaches and you'd think we had gold when they see the balls. 

Hit the jackpot today at a yard sale. 385 balls, old and new, for $100. Some will go to travel team, some to dr

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Baseballs are quite an expense for a team. Son in law is coaching a new travel team of 11 year olds and that's one of his biggest expenses. 

We always bring down balls to dr. There's a huge field that we pass on the way to Santo Domingo, always boys of all ages playing there. They're campo kids and coaches and you'd think we had gold when they see the balls. 

Hit the jackpot today at a yard sale. 385 balls, old and new, for $100. Some will go to travel team, some to dr

And this is what almost 400 baseballs looks like, snagged a box for DR

j6swoi.jpg