Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Other types of beer here

Ok, so I posted a thread a while back about spicy food, so now I am asking about beer. Like most people here I love an ice cold Presidente anytime of the day, but since I'm living here long term now I miss my Michigan and other craft beers. I know I can't get those exact ones here, but is there any other styles here besides the generic pilsner or lager? I have heard there's a couple craft beers made here in SD but haven't seen them. When I'm here I mainly drink presidente (normal not light) because it's good with the heat here. I have also tried Canita (second favorite here) and obviously the other major beers, but you get tired of the same old stuff and I want something different. Any recommendations?

2. Dislikes Buzz65 disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Rum

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

4. Likes Buzz65, Africaida liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

In Santo Domingo you have Carrefour with a good selection of belgian beers. 

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

So does Jumbo / Nacional: Leffe, Hoegaarden, Franziskaner, Duvel, etc. 

Many of the AB InBev brands are imported by CND and especially CCN has them, besides in Diamond mall there is /used to be a beer market as well as in Piantini.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything else you probably would find drinkable would be from outside the country. Do you like Bohemia?

Local beer Brahma is undrinkable yet popular because of the price. Cerveza Uno is not very good. Quisqueya is not great.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it's SD, duh. i've seen even polish beer on sale there
    look in nice stores and you shall find.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    it's SD, duh. i've seen even polish beer on sale there
    look in nice stores and you shall find.
    True about many things being available in SD, but knowing where ahead of time is a big help. It is such a horrible place.

10. Likes sanpedrogringo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cultura Cervecera. They have multiple branches in SD. In zona colonial there is one in Arzobispo Merino, close to the cathedral.
    Huge selection of national and international beers, think they are 100+. Charlie Horse is a great Dominican beer.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1983 View Post
    Cultura Cervecera. They have multiple branches in SD. In zona colonial there is one in Arzobispo Merino, close to the cathedral.
    Huge selection of national and international beers, think they are 100+. Charlie Horse is a great Dominican beer.
    https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restauran...to_Domingo_Pro

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you mean local brews then there are not many and all pretty similar pilsner type beers.
    They did come out with an Amber which was excellent but seems to have disappeared.I find that since the takeover a few years back that Presidente is less flavourful so I try to stick to Bohemia which is acceptable..
    Would love to have a local brewer do Sam Adams style beers.
    There are plenty of imports available if the local ones get too bland.Even Duvel and Leffe Belgian ones which travel very well but pricey for a serious drinker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast