Weaving a Few Threads Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I was intrigued by the importing marijuana question.

The safety of living thread has reemerged.

The thread on jail time conditions.

The murders of a few Gringos a while back has never been properly resolved.

I began to wonder.

On my recent hospital visit I was asked a variety of questions prior (immediately prior) to surgery..
A constant one was my use of recreational drugs..... do you use rec drugs ??

There are 4 stations where you are asked basically the same questions:
DOB
What surgery you're having
Rec Drug use
and so on.

Finally, I said - Look at my age, I doubt the drug use.
The nurse replied that I'd be shocked to know that many patients in their 90's answer 'Yes' to that question.

I was shocked.

Then I started to think....

The MJ question should also have been answered with a stern warning to avoid the drug selling crowd here in RD.
I can just see the Gringo buying a stash, pulling out a wad of few hundred to peel off cash for the purchase.
Way too much $$ for these guys to see....given the value they assign to a life.

Certainly not living safely in that thread,

The fear of the jail conditions is small compared to a beating, robbery, or death....IMO
any of which would be possible.

Then I put on my detective uniform to think about the murders using my new found knowledge that many older people use drugs.
Same scenario pops into my head...
older person or couple buying drugs...
dealers know where they live, that they have money....

All in all not a good set of circumstances...

I appreciate the fact that many/most of us feel we live carefully and are aware of the RD risks.
BUT
people can drop their guard after a while... get too cozy with some people....

Just thinking out loud....

Don't misunderstand - I'm a big fan of RD
I know little to zero of drug dealers and life in a tourist area.
I could be waaay off base.

Just throwing it out there for any who might be tempted -as our MJ transporter could have been.

There you have it.

I thought the confluence of the threads and their possibilities were too coincidental to ignore.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
So, I don't know your point Willy but right now I don't feel well. Wouldn't mind a doobie.
Those threads didn't really add up to much.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'm too stoned to finish reading your whole post :laugh::laugh::laugh:

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
In my opinion, a serious drug dealer does not kill his client unless there is an issue with payment. But, a petty drug dealer would kill anyone with a load of cash. Anyone who would travel to a foreign country and part take in illegal drug activities deserve what they get. I have always believed that if you want to smoke MJ, then grow your own stash and keep it too yourself. But that rarely happens :classic:

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
In my opinion, a serious drug dealer does not kill his client unless there is an issue with payment. But, a petty drug dealer would kill anyone with a load of cash. Anyone who would travel to a foreign country and part take in illegal drug activities deserve what they get. I have always believed that if you want to smoke MJ, then grow your own stash and keep it too yourself. But that rarely happens :classic:

That happens a lot, i guess. Especially given the quality of the MJ in the dr.........

As too the OP, jump on the train !!!!  Dealers in the dr only take bitcoins as payement.....so no risk of getting jumped.

On a more serious note, the ONLY reason MJ is demonised ( and thankfully,,less and less ) is so the pharma companies can continue to pour crate after crate of  pseudo-painkillers into the market. And yes, even here in the dr, they are very easy to prescribe pain killers for anything and nothing.

But, yes, I totally agree, the dr is NOT a place for a MJ fan, which is a pity really.

Status
Not open for further replies.