Recommendations for Health Insurance

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
I am seeking recommendations for health insurance. Which company provides the best international plan? Also, what coverage do you suggest - deductible/outpatient care/US benefits? Thanks in advance for any information!

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
Several threads have been written on this.....
A wealth of information here....

I'm sure this topic has been discussed but after searching "Health Insurance" and going back through three pages of results I was unable to get the up-to-date information about which I was inquiring.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I'm sure this topic has been discussed but after searching "Health Insurance" and going back through three pages of results I was unable to get the up-to-date information about which I was inquiring.

I know the feeling oh so well. The dr1 search function is definitely not the best. Too often it spits back so much garbage you wonder why you searched.

http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/161907-Health-insurance-in-DR?highlight=health+insurance

http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/162117-Health-Insurance-67-years-ols?highlight=health+insurance

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Very important points are your age, hopefully not too old to enroll, and any pre-existing conditions, which will be excluded from coverage.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Has anybody ever heard of this :
Somebody (usally a lawyer ) creates a buisness, a shell it doest actually exist.
They then sell you humano coverage plan, cheaper than humano does, "pretending" that you are an employee of the firm.

Thoughts ?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I do not thing that the local companies (Humano, Universal) plans sold here have international coverage. We have Universal for DR issues and carry an international insurance (covers us world wide) as well.

Bob K

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have seen medical plans sold from at least a couple of Dominican companies that have an International Option. Do check the limits and restrictions. Here is one example:

https://www.universal.com.do/productos_parati/salud local premium/Paginas/Exclusivo_Plus.aspx

Google Translation:

Deductible Compensation: claims for local detention will be considered deductible in case of international detention.
Free of coinsurance in internment.
3 deductible options: US $ 3,000; US $ 5,000; US $ 10,000
Life Coverage.
Maximum benefit per year US $ 1,000,000 international and RD $ 10,000,000 local.
Access to the highest medical technology and a prestigious network of providers Worldwide.
100% coverage in outpatient diagnoses and hospitalization.
$ 500,000 for organ transplantation, with no international case limit.
100% coverage by local and international ground ambulance.

International benefits:
100% coverage in laboratories of the prestigious Quest Diagnostic Network .
Free coverage for one (1) year in Travel Assistance, which includes the following coverage and limits:
​​​