Custom hand made shoes from the DR.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Today I received a wonderful Father's day gift from my children, a custom made pair of shoes from a Dominican shoe company called Quvel.

Well it was my wife who ordered them, but I thought I would share as a show of support for a Dominican enterprise.

As I'm sure many have experienced here, buying shoes leaves you with few options.  Very expensive branded names, which are never on sale or cheap Chinese crap with poor quality glue that does not withstand this tropical climate.

These shoes are completely custom designed by yourself via their excellent website and then handmade in their Dominican factory.  You can even choose custom logos or initials to make them even more personal.

https://quvel.com

BTW.  I am no way affiliated with this company, just sharing a nice experience.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
A friend has also ordered some. You can chose the color for every part of the shoe including the sole, several models to choose from and can even have a few word stitched on the heel part. If I'm not mistaken they even deliver. Looks like they're doing pretty good business.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Fulano......
my man in Cabrera makes them in a day or two....about 2,000 pesos.

Great shoes .... sandals are 1,000

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Do they do men's sizes too? All I see is for women. I had a guy come to the house in Sabana Grande, Puerto Plata and he said he made shoes and boots. I gave him a pair of old worn out Wellington boots and gave him 2000 pesos to make me a pair just like them. He came back a week later with a nice looking pair of boots, but closer to a size 8 or 9. I couldn't get a foot into either one at all. I gave them away to someone who they fit and 2 years later he was still wearing them
Der Fish

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Wish you all the best with your new shoes. Please keep us updated about the quality etc.

Mine are the boat shoes, very similar to a pair of Timberland deck shoes I had before.  Quality wise, I would say my new ones are streets ahead of the Timberland product.  The leather is premium quality and the stitching is with a heavy duty thread that looks like will last.  They look as if very little glue is used in the manufacture, which is a sign of a quality shoe.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My guy is based out of Hong Kong as well. Does the usual measurements, then files them. You order a suit and/or shirts, pick from the 50-gazillion swatches he has, give him your card info, and about 10 days later, your clothes show up. Very high quality, get compliments all the time. Nothing has shown any sign of wearing out.

Shirts are $85, suits start at $650 for "Brooks Brothers" quality materials, and go up. I haven't spent more than $1,000 for a three piece suit, and have been extremely happy. And I'm 6'7", built like a (long since retired) tight end, lol.

At 5-1, I'd probably fit under your armpit. 

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming about custom shoes from DR.   Por favor. 

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
@William Webster,
Great shoes for 2000 pesos...you must be joking. Even a good leather sole will cost that much, not stitched, just the leather.
Custom made, or in England called, bespoke shoes is a whole different thing, that will take at least 50 hours, measuring, measuring and the whole proces.
http://www.johnlobb.com/us/bespoke

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Do they do men's sizes too? All I see is for women. I had a guy come to the house in Sabana Grande, Puerto Plata and he said he made shoes and boots. I gave him a pair of old worn out Wellington boots and gave him 2000 pesos to make me a pair just like them. He came back a week later with a nice looking pair of boots, but closer to a size 8 or 9. I couldn't get a foot into either one at all. I gave them away to someone who they fit and 2 years later he was still wearing them
Der Fish

Scroll to the bottom of the page. On the right side you will see the header Customs. Just under that is Mens. Click on that and your in.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Fulano.... rubber sole.... 
not to be compared to Lobb....

Just good day to day wear..... not weddings and funerals