Car boot sale

affald

May 17, 2004
"A car boot sale is a sale where people sell things they own and do not want from a little stall or from the back of their car."

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Does anyone know of any Car boot sales this weekend on the North Coast? 

You looking to buy or sell?

There used to be a flea market every Saturday in East Cabarete. Not sure if it's still running though, perhaps someone else can confirm. Perla Marina occasionally hold a car boot sale.

But if you're selling, I would suggest you join one of the Facebook pages dedicated to buying/selling second hand stuff. They are called "Everything Sosua", "Everything Cabarete" and "Everything Puerto Plata" it's free to publish an advert.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
"A car boot sale is a sale where people sell things they own and do not want from a little stall or from the back of their car."

Thanks because I had no idea what a car boot sale is. Only "car boot" I have heard of is the one you put on your car tire to keep the car from getting stolen.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Thanks because I had no idea what a car boot sale is. Only "car boot" I have heard of is the one you put on your car tire to keep the car from getting stolen.

We call it a garage sale, or a yard sale, or a garbage sale. Rummage sale or rubbish sale.
Der Fish

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
We call it a garage sale, or a yard sale, or a garbage sale. Rummage sale or rubbish sale.
Der Fish

I know not the north coast but there is one huge one at luperon and the malecon in Santo Domingo every Sunday. I have never seen so much junk in one place for sale in my life.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Der Fish

...I remember those things in the USA. on a saturday put a sale sign in your front yard, open garage door, sit on a chair drinking beer...people will come and give you money all day for things you want to put in garbage.......oh yea only in summer.....