PESTY FLIES

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
What is the best away to keep away those pesty flies outside and inside anything special for Rd ???????

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
Works like a charm.
[video=youtube;WRgjLXrUebw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRgjLXrUebw[/video]

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
Don't buy Raid fly spray I bought a can last year I swear the flies were playing in it and laughing at me . My wife aunt has cats and chicken at her house next door to us,and a **** load of flies. I bought a sprayer and a couple gallons of bleach and saturated the area and half of the cats n chickens went missing.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
There is a chemical poison fly bait. In the US I bought it at an agricultural supply. Worked best placed on some cooked fish remains. It was great. Just need to be sure and place it where pets cannot find it. Golden Malrin was the brand. It's sold on ebay. It eliminated the flies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There is a product you can buy in Bellon and I suppose other stores in the DR call BENI BIO UNIVERSAL HOGAR spray contra insectos, one for mosquitos, ants...etc. It works quite well. It's doesn't kill them but they don't like it. Just spray surfaces and wall, door frames. We use it at the schools because it is non-toxic .

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
There is a chemical poison fly bait. In the US I bought it at an agricultural supply. Worked best placed on some cooked fish remains. It was great. Just need to be sure and place it where pets cannot find it. Golden Malrin was the brand. It's sold on ebay. It eliminated the flies.

This can't be too good for the environment here in DR. Can it be confiscated at the airport?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
This can't be too good for the environment here in DR. Can it be confiscated at the airport?

Its a powder. You sprinkle it on the fish carcass. The fish smell attracts the flies and when they land they seem to like the bait even more than the fish. No environmental issues, no spraying, just lots of fly carcasses. I have used it lots and nothing works better.
No one ever looked at the can at the airport.

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
In Florida we used to cut a hole in the backside of our pants. Keeps the flies and gnats away from your face.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Back in about 1955 or so my father sent off $3.00 by mail for "The Complete Solution For Killing all Insects." Six weeks later in the mail arrove two wooden blocks. One was clearly marked Block #1 and the other Block # 2 The instructions read. "Place insect on block #1. Hit with block #2. Fully guaranteed. If it does not work as advertised return product for a full refund!"

southern

I love Hillary!
Dec 13, 2016
You've never met San Pedro de Macoris or San Juan de la Maguana mosquitos. They would laugh at such a statement.

Ha ha, try even lower .I'm telling you it works. Even when I want my chica to leave turning the A/C way down will chase her out. She will call me ice man and leave.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
I found the solution for the outside i wipe down everything with 1/2 Clorox 1/2 water mix flies must hate the smell. they have left ....

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
A solution that has worked very well for us is wiping countertops with a stong solution of pine-scenter disinfectant like you use to clean floors. We use it to clean and wipe pretty much all surfaces, doors, walls, floors, etc.

Flies seem to hate it and the house smells very fresh all the time.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
We have a guy tomorrow afternoon ( from Bahia Principe hotel) a fumigar the whole house
. Not for mosquitos but a tick problem we had. Must be very effective, even mice don't survive it.

jimbobo

Feb 9, 2014
We have a guy tomorrow afternoon ( from Bahia Principe hotel) a fumigar the whole house
. Not for mosquitos but a tick problem we had. Must be very effective, even mice don't survive it.

Could you tell me what the symptoms are for a tick problem, because I think maybe I have a tick problem as well....