SOMEONE TO HELP YOU OBTAIN A DOMINICAN DRIVING LICENSE

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Recommendation!

I finally took the time to get the Dominican Drivers License in Puerto Plata at the Baseball Stadium.

The computer part was 20 questions (Yes or No answers).... without this guy I would not have passed!

The actual driving part was easier than I thought.

He took care of everything from obtaining the Banco Reservas payments to introducing me to guy that spoke perfect English while showing me what to expect during the first part.

Cost... I paid $6000 for the first part.

There is then a 45 day wait (it has just been made 15 days!) until you take the driving test.
I just gave him $1000 after the test as a 'thank you'.

Give him a call, his name is Willie and he's actually a nice guy.
No need to mention me.

809-842-9495

Good luck!

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Driving test? I paid AMET 5000 pesos for the VIP treatment. This was 6 years ago. I sat at a computer while some guy answered the questions for me, blood test and that was it. I never had to actually drive. Is that new?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Is the written test here really that hard that you have to pay 6000 pesos for tutoring? Any state drivers test I took in the US took about 1/2 of studying - at the most(?).

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Total for everything was 7000!

cavok, good luck, you need to know Spanish though.

Ray... the times are a changing!

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Driving test? I paid AMET 5000 pesos for the VIP treatment. This was 6 years ago. I sat at a computer while some guy answered the questions for me, blood test and that was it. I never had to actually drive. Is that new?

...Very strange we have all these traffic accidents here while everybody has a drivers license...

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Mmmh i guess times are changing.  3 years ago ( maybe ) I paid around 3k pesos in banreserva thingys.

I got a manual ( rode code ), never used as I took the test the same day.  Easy-peasy test compared to back in europe. 
Got my eye sight checked.
Got my prints and pic taken.
Left with a learner license.
Came back 30 days later and took the driving test, drove around the stadium and that was that. Left with my dr DL.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Maybe this belongs n the thread about bribing etc..... $150 USD to pay off to get a license? Gotta be kidding!

Fredo

Mar 17, 2013
There is absolutely no need to pay anybody off. This is dead easy test. And the process is dead easy, go get the list of requirements, pay the bank do the test and bingo.

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Guys, I thought the thread would help the average gringo get a driving license and I do believe if you don't speak Spanish you will fail.

That's the bottom line.

Good luck (you'll need it!)

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
It helps to have someone with you during the test but I don't speak Spanish and I would have passed anyway. There are videos to watch and then a simple yes/no or true/false statement. You can probably guess the answer to get it right. It seems like you might have paid a little too much but a couple of thousand pesos is a small amount to overpay. You're legal! :)