British Football

BillyRichards49

Mar 13, 2002
I will be on vacation in Playa Dorada at the start of May and made a major timing error when booking. My Soccer team 'Glasgow Celtic' will be playing in the cup final against their biggest rivals while I'm over there and I'm praying that some of the hotels or bars show British soccer matches. Anyone know if British games are broadcast in DR ?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I doubt it. If you can talk to the person in charge of the satelite programing, it is certainly possible for him to put it on. A second alternative, and a more lively one for sure, is to go over to Eddy's in Sosua and tell him what you want.

I'm sure he would put it up there in a heartbeat, and the beer is good there , too!

HB

danagos

Jan 1, 2002
Watching the Big Game!

Billy,
HB is on the money re: Eddy's Sports Bar. I was there last week. Eddy is an affable Canadian who has (English) Football Jerseys hanging from the ceiling and quite a few TV sets all over. You can take a Rental car, Taxi, Bus or (if you're fearless) a motochonco (back of a motorcycle) to Sosua (half hour trip). Sosua is a small town, ask anybody for directions. Yes, I can verify that the beer is good! ;~)

Another possible solution closer to your hame base would be Hemingways Bar in the Playa Dorada Plaza. It's walking distance from any hotel. Mo is the manager and they might be able to accomodate you. You should go there anyway. Yes the beer is good there too! Obviously, I like Presidente!
Feel free to e-mail me with any questions.
Dan

Daybee

Feb 28, 2002
English Football

I will be in Juan Dolio for the start of the world cup. Does anyone have any idea where we can see the games????

Cheers!

BillyRichards49

Mar 13, 2002
What time do the bars open

Subject makes me sound like an alcoholic. The match will kick off around 2pm UK time. I think that's about 10am DR time. Is Eddys sports bar or Hemmingways likely to be open that early ?

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Eddy's for sure! Day or the middle of the night no problem for watching big sports events at Eddy's