Where can I donate clothing in Santo Domningo?

Moisés Romo

Jan 19, 2017
Hi all,

I'd like to plan a little weekend (or longer) getaway to Santo Domingo this winter. This might be a weird idea, but I was thinking about packing a huge suitcase full of used clothing to giveaway in Santo Domingo. Does anyone know of a church or organization or method or suggestions to distribute the clothes?

Thank you!

Buzz65

Jul 13, 2017
They will end up being sold in a market and ****s off local retailers.

Nice thought, but bad for economy.

Bring money and spend it like a tourist. It's how the republic succeeded and continues.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Moises I am sure some of the churches would gladly accept the clothing or some of the orphanages

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Ask any church about if they have an orphanage and go there and give yourself the cloths. or better idea is to go to supermarket and buy food for the kids, that way for sure your donations will get where they must go. Dont forget to go yourself and make the donation.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
We're assuming that you are bring children's clothing. If that is so, an orphanage is perfect.

If, however, you are bringing adult clothing, you might investigate, with a church again, where there is a government "Hogar de los Ancianos." The elderly poor who are cared for in those institutions have very little and adult clothing would be gratefully and happily accepted.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
I don't know but if he brings adult clothes from the US there might be a little work to do to make them fit.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Hi all,

I'd like to plan a little weekend (or longer) getaway to Santo Domingo this winter. This might be a weird idea, but I was thinking about packing a huge suitcase full of used clothing to giveaway in Santo Domingo. Does anyone know of a church or organization or method or suggestions to distribute the clothes?

Thank you!

You could approach a Rotary Club. They are in every city and work on many worthy causes.

As others have said, churches are another option.