help with Claro cell phone service

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
Hello again everyone. maybe someone can help me, I have a sim card from claro that I switch into my phone when I come to the RD. when I arrived in march this year I had a new phone and when I inserted the sim card It didn't work because the network code/info was not in my phone anymore. It was a mess trying to call claro and get it to work. End result was they gave my network info to type into my phone and then it worked fine. Here is my problem, I now have another phone because I broke my last one again and I don't know the network info again. Does anyone know this info or if you have claro can someone look in their phone? thanks for any help

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Hello again everyone. maybe someone can help me, I have a sim card from claro that I switch into my phone when I come to the RD. when I arrived in march this year I had a new phone and when I inserted the sim card It didn't work because the network code/info was not in my phone anymore. It was a mess trying to call claro and get it to work. End result was they gave my network info to type into my phone and then it worked fine. Here is my problem, I now have another phone because I broke my last one again and I don't know the network info again. Does anyone know this info or if you have claro can someone look in their phone? thanks for any help

Its weird, maybe the most easier way is take to a place and unlock your phone. Unlocked phones work globaly without putting any network information. I think your phone is working with turbosim program that has expidation dates and thats why when you put the sim card do not work.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I've never had to enter anything into an unlocked phone, just put in the card and it works. We've used Claro forever.

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
interesting!!! i contacted Verizon and they told me that the model i have is unlocked from the start. something about a new law about locking phones, but they said mine is unlocked anyway from new.

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
ohhh, and I forgot to mention that I could make phone calls but no internet. if the phone was locked it would say invalid sim and ask for a code. the phone will except the sim card and make calls but no Internet.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
ohhh, and I forgot to mention that I could make phone calls but no internet. if the phone was locked it would say invalid sim and ask for a code. the phone will except the sim card and make calls but no Internet.

Oh that's another story. After you put the money in the phone, there are a series of clicks you need to make. You choose how many GBs etc. Takes a minute, has nothing to do with settings on your phone, you have to do it each time you activate internet.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Oh that's another story. After you put the money in the phone, there are a series of clicks you need to make. You choose how many GBs etc. Takes a minute, has nothing to do with settings on your phone, you have to do it each time you activate internet.

Sometimes phones do not update the setting for internet and they need to enter manually the APN Address to access internet service, if Im not wrong teh APN is internet.ideasclaro.com.do

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
I don't think that's it, because claro had me in my network settings, and type a bunch of stuff. random numbers.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I don't think that's it, because claro had me in my network settings, and type a bunch of stuff. random numbers.

They're not random numbers - it's a menu, you punch in the # of the choice you want. There are like 3-4 screens, last one is to accept and buy [the $ has to have already been bought, the same way you buy minutes]

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
Sometimes phones do not update the setting for internet and they need to enter manually the APN Address to access internet service, if Im not wrong teh APN is internet.ideasclaro.com.do

thank you, I think you are correct. If only someone could look in their network setting and screenshot it

Feb 7, 2007
APN: internet.ideasclaro.com.do
MCC: 370
MNC: 02
no username, password, proxy, port etc. need to be filled.

APN is usually under Internet settings in the mobile network settings menu, which may be accessed directly from the main settings menu, or under SIM card 1/2 sub-menu on dual-sim phones.

For example on my phone it's Settings -> Dual SIM & Mobile Networks -> SIM 1 -> APN
on single SIM phones it would most likely be Settings -> Network and Connection Settings -> Internet -> APN

repoman1

Apr 6, 2016
APN: internet.ideasclaro.com.do
MCC: 370
MNC: 02
no username, password, proxy, port etc. need to be filled.

APN is usually under Internet settings in the mobile network settings menu, which may be accessed directly from the main settings menu, or under SIM card 1/2 sub-menu on dual-sim phones.

For example on my phone it's Settings -> Dual SIM & Mobile Networks -> SIM 1 -> APN
on single SIM phones it would most likely be Settings -> Network and Connection Settings -> Internet -> APN

AWESOME!!! As usual, thanks again for all the help.