kfrancis, AKA Ken Brown died last Saturday in Barahona

Aug 6, 2006
I think that Ken was one of the earliest members of this forum. I arrived on the 15th of August, 2017, and spoke with him until I ran out of minutos We were planning to asking about blue and other unusual rocks, but he had a heart attack in the bank of a heart attack, According to his PN driver, he was hit by a guagua the day before but did not think it was serious enough to see a doctor.
He had a restored 70's Toyota Land Cruiser Diesel Pickup and was sort of a mayordomo to an important guy in Cabral named Lilo There were upwards of 100 people at his funeral. He told me that he only has one relative
left, in NC.
He was sure that there was a motherlode of some sort up in the Baorucos.
I may have been the only DR1'er in attendance. I am pretty sure he was in Cabral or thereabouts. He was 71.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I always enjoyed his posts and will miss him, may he rest in peace.

My condolences to all who knew him.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Very sad, I spoke with Ken often. I wish we'd have known. :(

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
may he rest in peace. his posts were few but valuable. seemed like a great guy.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
This is very sad news.

He was an infrequent poster but when he posted he proved a source of valuable insight into a lovely, perhaps the loveliest part of DR. It appears to me, the forum has so very few active posters who do live west of SD in such a vast and beautiful part of this country and so it unfortunately gets ignored.

Some will very much miss his posts.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
This is very sad news.

He was an infrequent poster but when he posted he proved a source of valuable insight into a lovely, perhaps the loveliest part of DR. It appears to me, the forum has so very few active posters who do live west of SD in such a vast and beautiful part of this country and so it unfortunately gets ignored.

Some will very much miss his posts.
XO lives in the region.

May 5, 2007
Is this the gentleman who prefaced his posts with "From the frontier?" IF so, he was really good and informative, especially regarding the South West