Receiving letters in the DR

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
My wife ordered her new debit card from the US - never arrived. She ordered another which hasn't arrived. I ordered my debit card from the UK. No news. I ordered a small item from china, the shipping details say that it was delivered to the shipping address in Miami.
I use BM Cargo. Has anyone else had a problem with this carrier?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
My wife ordered her new debit card from the US - never arrived. She ordered another which hasn't arrived. I ordered my debit card from the UK. No news. I ordered a small item from china, the shipping details say that it was delivered to the shipping address in Miami.
I use BM Cargo. Has anyone else had a problem with this carrier?

I use BM Cargo in Sosua. Never had any problems at all. So far, I've only received packages. I get a "tracking" email as soon as the package arrives in Miami and you can continue to check the status of your package. Not sure if they do the same with letters(?).

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I have been using BM Cargo in Bavaro for 5 months with around a dozen orders and no issues to date. Make sure the address given is correct and your account number is included. Have you been to BM Cargo with the tracking number so they can investigate?

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
I have used BM Cargo for years and mostly with packages. I have never had a problem before - just with these 3 letters and because they are so important it makes me nervous.

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
I am going to the office this afternoon. I am going to check the midday update first.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I have used BM Cargo for years and mostly with packages. I have never had a problem before - just with these 3 letters and because they are so important it makes me nervous.

They should be able to tell you if they arrived at their center in Miami(?). What do BM Cargo and the credit card companies say?

I think letters are sent to a BM Cargo P.O. box(?). Most credit card companies will not send to a P.O. box nor mail to other than your home address.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you have a package address and a mail address with BM Cargo in Miami, ensure important mail is addressed to the package address. EPS for example issues two addresses and mail is considered non-important and remains in Miami until they fill a bag or a box or whatever then it gets sent to the DR. This delay can in some cases be weeks. On the other hand, items that arrive at the package address even if just an envelope is considered priority, is assigned a tracking number and shipped over on the next flight. Costs more when you pick it up but for banks cards getting them is the important thing.

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
My wife gets paid for her on-line work through Payoneer which I think is BOA. They are set up to help the third world and therefore will use a shipping address. We had no problem getting the first card.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
... I ordered a small item from china, the shipping details say that it was delivered to the shipping address in Miami.

If the item was handed over to U.S.P.S. for delivery, it takes a couple extra days for BMCargo to get it.

Even tho the address is BMCargo´s, the Post Office holds all items and BMCargo must pick them up at the Post Office.

Your original carrier will show the item as being delivered, even tho it is not in this case.

This is standard procedure with the final carrier being U.S.P.S.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
i have had no problems receiving anything, including a new American Express and VISA debit card, to my BM Cargo address in Puerto Plata. I did have a long delay in receiving a package that came by US postal service from China and eventually got it but meanwhile the company sent another item (a dog tag) via trackable service. Sometimes it's better to pay the extra fee to have something sent via FedEx than worrying about it via the postal service.

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
Quick update: went to BMCargo last night and spoke to a lovely young woman who speaks English thank goodness. I thought I was doing ok with my Spanish with the girl at the desk but it became a bit complex. They phoned Miami and one letter had no code on it so that is on it's way. One letter has been sat in the office in Santiago for a couple of months and for some reason we were not notified. So just one missing now.