What to do to change the plane tickets??

armin

Jan 8, 2002
hi

need some info.

can anyone tell me where and what to do when i want to change my flight ticket for an earlier flight??

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
This will depend on the airline. Usually, it is best to go to the airline to make the change prior to leaving for the airport. If this is not possible, then just call the airline and make the change by telephone. You could also visit a travel agency, but it is most likely they will bill you a service charge to perform the change if you have not bought the ticket with them.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Earlier flight

If it is an earlier flight on the same day with American Airlines, you can go standbye free of charge. Now, if you want the flight confirmed, it probably will cost you US $100.00

GRS

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
change ticket

GRS you right, Most major airlines to confirm the ticket on early flight will charge you 100.00 usd plus any fare diferent's.

But for same say dame depature stand by is free.
Please check with your airline.

sam

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
That's very useful information.

Can you explain a little about "standby" please. Does that mean showing up unannounced at check-in?

If one can (or must) phone in before attempting to go standby, what happens if the airlines agent says that plenty of seats are available and wants to confirm? Do you simply say "no thanks, I'll take my chances"?

Thanks for the info.

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
Stdby

The Standby only works for the same day departure. You either can arrive earlier than your schedule flight or later, whichever is your case, when you arrive at the Airport, tell the agent that you would like to standby on the next departing flight. They will process your reservation and you have to wait like 15 minutes before the flight leaves for confirmation, but that happens in the gate.

Note: the stdby rules vary from airline to airline. And they have the right to deny your boarding or charge you extra. This doesn't happen a lot but it may be possible. If the flight is full, u are out of luck.

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
Thanks GRS.

In other words, this method can't be used to generally avoid the $100 ripoff - up from 35, or even 25. Standby on a different day apparently doesn't work, from what you say.

Do they also remind you of the "favor" they're doing you by not charging you the $100 ?

Sandra

Mar 15, 2002
If you are in the DR and you wish to change your ticket, go directly to the airline. If the ticket change is due to an incident (illness, lost luggage) explain your situation, its possible they may waive the change fee charge which is imposed by the airline.

If you are in the country you live in, call the airline or contact your local travel consultant.

If you need any further information, you can contact me at Funlocations@yahoo.com - travel consultant.

Sandra