Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Best Places to Live in DR

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We recently purchased a property in San Jose de las Matas. We were considered foreign investors. Before closing we had to show proof of income (two years), personal references, business references, bank references, passport photo, copies of current assets (cars and home) and then have a local Dominican in essence cosign for our good character. It seemed like a lot but really is not that much different than a closing here in the states. Everything went very professionally at closing.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    We recently purchased a property in San Jose de las Matas. We were considered foreign investors. Before closing we had to show proof of income (two years), personal references, business references, bank references, passport photo, copies of current assets (cars and home) and then have a local Dominican in essence cosign for our good character. It seemed like a lot but really is not that much different than a closing here in the states. Everything went very professionally at closing.
    Mr AE has cousins from there (Olivo). If you don’t mind my asking, what made you choose there?

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

oops - did a long post

but was thinking of another town

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Mr AE has cousins from there (Olivo). If you don’t mind my asking, what made you choose there?
    We went to Sajoma one day to visit an old schoolmate of my wife's. Very beautiful area that I would like to explore more. Great farmland, clean air and water. It's only 30-40 minutes from Santiago.

5. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    Was this to buy property cash or financed? It sounds like much if its a cash purchase, but then it is Dominican Republic.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    We went to Sajoma one day to visit an old schoolmate of my wife's. Very beautiful area that I would like to explore more. Great farmland, clean air and water. It's only 30-40 minutes from Santiago.
    Yep. Get out into the small towns of the country and you're smack dab in the center of Green Acres. Great simple honest folks and the country is beautiful.

8. Likes bob saunders, Matilda liked this post
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213