Santo domingo visit September

mtrick1664

Jun 7, 2017
Hi all

I am visiting Santo domingo at the end of the week for 7 days, if anyone is local and would like to hang out for a beer or join me in a few bars...get in touch.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
You have looked at the weather report haven't you? Lots of us will be busy cleaning up.

Check your flight, there will be a storm on or near your flight path.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Thurday evening. Weather report shows heavy rain thursday and friday but sunshine sunday onwards.

I would not count on your flight coming into the DR in a category 3-4 hurricane. I would call your airline and talk to customer service.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I would not count on your flight coming into the DR in a category 3-4 hurricane. I would call your airline and talk to customer service.

For sure will be Cancelled flights wednesday night and thursday if the path is correct and keeps category 5th the hurrican, they started today to cancell flighths and tomorrow to SJU, SXM and probably same situation the flights to FDF and PTP.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Thurday evening. Weather report shows heavy rain thursday and friday but sunshine sunday onwards.

Can you say denial? Listen to the folks here who are watching the weather a bit more seriously than you are. Going on a vacation to a place where a hurricane is predicted is not a good idea.
Perhaps you should try and change the dates for your Dominican vacation.
I am not trying to be a smart a**. I am being honest with you.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Hi all

I am visiting Santo domingo at the end of the week for 7 days, if anyone is local and would like to hang out for a beer or join me in a few bars...get in touch.

What day are you arriving? Since the storm is predicted for the north coast with a bit of luck things will be clear upon your arrival in Santo Domingo.

As mentioned I would monitor cancelled flights, if any, at SDQ.