SHIPPING FROM USA TO PUNTA CANA...

aliaga08

Sep 4, 2017
IM A LITTLE LOST AT THE MOMENT
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SHIP CELLPHONES FROM LOS ANGELES TO DOMINICA REPUBLIC?

I HAD A SHIPMENT SENT THROUGH FED EX BUT TOOK ABOUT 1 MONTH TO GET THERE DUE TO CUSTOMS.
LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE FROM ANYONE
ANY SUGGESTION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU

aliaga08

Sep 4, 2017
I send quite afew. Last order I sent out 7 items. I valued them at only 300. But I have a couple orders for higher end phones now. I'm just a little hesitant as to how to send them 

Jan 7, 2016
Customs will hold any item(s) valued at $200 US or more until the importation duty is paid by the addressee. Sometimes that takes weeks.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
WE sent $170.00 of wholesale costume jewelry to DR from Kentucky factory as a trial run.
This had all the documents and invoices attached. Same as any other destination in the world.
It went to Puerto Plata. Customs demanded an additional $500.00 usd. Not sure where they got the calculation.
The factory told them to keep the merchandise . They decided not to open a distribution centre and small assembly factory.
Could have employed another 12 people. Should have cost no more than $306.00 total.
But it was under $200.00 . Albeit for commercial purposes.

I always become concerned with Customs.... does not seem consistent in awarding fees and duties.
They were shocked to hear us tell them to keep it; and watch us walk away.

Se la vie
Russell

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
In this country, aduanas tells you how much it is worth not the other way around. Jewelry is subjective and they figured the value was more than the declared $170. You can argue all you want but if aduanas believes the value to be over $200 including the cost to ship it here, they'll want money.