Beisbol game prompting POP stadium repairs

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Hasn't the stadium been closed for over 10 years? If so, how good do you think the infield/outfield's grass is going to be?

billma90

Aug 15, 2012
Toronto
Does anyone know if there will be any games at the stadium in Puerto Plata between October 17 and 30th? Love to go see a game there. I've been coming to POP since 2009 every October and there never has been anything going on there that i knew of.
Or is there a decent ball park close by to watch the younger kids play some competitive ball.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Go to Santiago and see the best play. Winter league starts in October.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
16 yrs. here and never seen the lights on," they've probably been stolen". and never seen the parking lot full of cars, except when the circus is in town.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
For those who don't know. PP was once in the Winter League but due to so many rain outs was forced out.

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
Yep, they don't play in the winter league anymore, but they have a team in the summer league: Tiburones del Norte and they play in the stadium. They were champion in 2015, this year they didn't make the final. You can look them up on Facebook.

Last edited:

billma90

Aug 15, 2012
Toronto
Go to Santiago and see the best play. Winter league starts in October.
Besides going to Santiago is there any competitive ball played in Puerto Plata, maybe between ages 15-18. In my travels in the area i only remember seeing one park, while going up on the telefercio. There must be better ones somewhere.

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
For the people who are interested: this Friday at 2 pm there is an important exhibition game between Aguilas and Gigantes in the stadium of Puerto Plata. 200 pesos to get in.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Unless it is for charitable reasons, why is this exhibition game important? The cost of 200 pesos is also absurd being that most exhibitions here in the RD are free of charge, and 200 pesos represents a regular season ticket price. Of course, if it is for charity, then that is a completely different story.

billma90

Aug 15, 2012
Toronto
For the people who are interested: this Friday at 2 pm there is an important exhibition game between Aguilas and Gigantes in the stadium of Puerto Plata. 200 pesos to get in.

I hope they have more, i am still two weeks away from my two week vacation there. I love to go watch. 200 pesos is nothing.

Last edited:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
This is an exhibition among players that may not even qualify for the rosters of the regular Dominican Winter League, which begins in full October 13th. Throughout the country, these exhibitions are free right now. I asked earlier, and ask again, why is there a 200 peso entry fee? Is it for charity? If so, beautiful. If not, they are scamming people, be warned. Again, this is an exhibition, not the regular Dominican Winter League Series here in RD.

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
This is an exhibition among players that may not even qualify for the rosters of the regular Dominican Winter League, which begins in full October 13th. Throughout the country, these exhibitions are free right now. I asked earlier, and ask again, why is there a 200 peso entry fee? Is it for charity? If so, beautiful. If not, they are scamming people, be warned. Again, this is an exhibition, not the regular Dominican Winter League Series here in RD.

You can keep asking why they ask 200 pesos, but if no one here knows, you will not get an answer.
I only saw the publicity on facebook and put it here because somebody asked when there would be a game and because the summer league with Tiburones (the team of pop) just ended, I thought I would mention it here.
For me 200 pesos is not a big deal, so I will maybe go (and I am not even interested in baseball)

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
You can keep asking why they ask 200 pesos, but if no one here knows, you will not get an answer.
I only saw the publicity on facebook and put it here because somebody asked when there would be a game and because the summer league with Tiburones (the team of pop) just ended, I thought I would mention it here.
For me 200 pesos is not a big deal, so I will maybe go (and I am not even interested in baseball)

No need to be so abrupt, as I was only stating the obvious. What I did not know is if the event was for charitable reasons due to the recent hurricanes, and for a region of the country that does not currently offer Dominican professional baseball. No offense meant. No offense taken. If it is indeed for charity, and/or to promote the game in a region that currently does not bask in the wealth of the Dominican Winter League, than that is a positive thing, and thank you.

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
No need to be so abrupt, as I was only stating the obvious. What I did not know is if the event was for charitable reasons due to the recent hurricanes, and for a region of the country that does not currently offer Dominican professional baseball. No offense meant. No offense taken. If it is indeed for charity, and/or to promote the game in a region that currently does not bask in the wealth of the Dominican Winter League, than that is a positive thing, and thank you.
I only saw on the poster that the price is 200 pesos, but the publicity said nothing more, no reason why ore something like that.So no idea.