Controversial topics dominate.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Just look at golo's thread of the "open forum in decline" and see how many hits and how many responses posted. This proves that most people enjoy reading gossips about husbands cheating on wives and vice versa, characteristics of chopos and insults thrown at each other (but in a humorous way). Open forum will only survive if it allows everyone to post with their own style and freedom of words that best suit their personalities.
Where the hell is Criss colon? I bet he is preparing something really offensive for me and golo to bite on.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The open forum will only survive if the personal insults and attacks are kept out of it. It's that simple!

When you can see the stats, you can see that the same people log in and read the same thread, time after time. Obviously just to see if anyone has replied to their post or a new post.
Views are deceiving as one person can generate 20-30 views. This is particularly true of posts that contain links or pictures. Bottom line, don't assume that lots of views means many different people are reading the thread.

HITS = How Idiots Track Success

When you have been in the web business for almost 7 years, you realize that hits are completely worthless as a measure of success.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Point taken Robert!

Also AZB is pointing to one thread only that may be generating views and some lively interaction but also care is being taken by the posters themselves to keep it "clean" and general audience.....Personal attacks have been cut short and the responsible persons chastized very quickly.
So....we're having some fun!! with out provoking a "closed" or "deleted" thread............

I notice you also got your 2 centavos in on the thread ...hehe

Pic's gallery

Likely an all time thread leader in hits and post was closed due to stupid personal attacks, now we are trying DR1 Online with Paltalk where we can converse sensibly about matters and issues. I like Robert will close that room if personnal attacks take place or just red dot unruly participants.

DR1 Online "Times"
7 pm est and 7 am est
free software at www.paltalk.com
groups miscellaneous
room DR1 online

Some of us are participating others should try it, even Criss Colon comes in with no mic and no speakers and chats via typing.
Love to have more there

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
I went to misc. groups but didn't see DR1 on there...any suggestions?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Time???

7 PM EST is 8PM Dominican time.......at least until "wud" goes on daylight saving time then it will be the same time in both countries.
I talked to "wud" on-line about 6:48 pm and the room wasn't open yet.......he was having a"mouse" problem. Couldn't stay 'cause it was supper time here and El Jefe (mine...not the one that posts to this forum) was growling for dinner!
Check back in the morning......maybe by then I'll have my mic & speakers back up to talk live and not via text.

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Post by MommC deleted ? ? ?

Just now I tried to submit a reply to a post by "MommC", while I was composing my message the thread was deleted ? ? ? "MommC" had made mention that Tom D' had made an appearance in the new 'chat room'.

This is my reply to "MommC" . . . :

Tom posts on the 'alternate' forum "DR+RD", he did the "I Dare You All To Answer These..." (Musicqueen) profile, but his post was lost when Bravenet was down last week (a security issue).

regards,

. . . CES"

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
WOW!!!!

Whadda I did wrong?????? I was just saying how nice it was of Tom the Banned to keep the chat room open........
I didn't even notice when I came back that the thread had been deleted.......

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Welcome to the Club!

Hi "MommC",

Welcome to the club of the "Deleted Ones", I've been deleted once in this new format and lost track of the times I was deleted from the previous version of DR1.

Welcome and be brave . . . [net _:)_ ]

regards,

CES"

Addendum: I should of stated that mostly the deletions were in whole message threads that were expunged. In the previous format of DR1 a line delete was not possible.

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Mommc: You posted something that the board owner didn't like. That's what you did wrong...Like you've said before this is not a democracy, so don't complain now!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Ahhhhhh Dear........

Try to be nice......and I thought I was doing such a good job of keeping "the Rowdy Boys" on the up and up and getting them to show their intelligence!!

"Tom" & "Banned" aren't even four letter words!! :rolleyes:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Ces,"Reference Check,I mean "Reality" Check!!!!!!

I would be happy to see all of your posts deleted.Or better still just don,t post.You never really answer questions put to you,or criticisms of you.You just drag in "Quotes" from left wing and/or fringe groups that supposedly add credence to your own self- interests!Hope "Brave-Net" is back in business soon,or have they grown tired of you too?CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CES

Jan 1, 2002
Criss, are you having another "Bad" day?

Didn't Robert just say something to effect that if you 'don't have anything to say then it's best left unsaid'? The best way to get a thread closed is by taking it too a personal level.

You'd like to see all my posts deleted? And who appointed you the "Net Nanny" for DR1?

Please remember this is only the 'cyber world' and what every it is that you have say makes no difference to me. I will continue to post here at my pleasure and I guess you'll just have to deal with it on your own terms.

As for my presence on the other forums please don't give it another thought unless you feel that you have something to say that refutes anything that I've said here. Robert has made the guide lines quite clear, leave the personal attacks behind when you post on DR1.

regards,

CES"

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Well said CES!

I'm not singling anyone out, but I wish a few more on this board would adhere to that very simple rule.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Robert

You are becoming a victim of the "controversial issue syndrome". AZB was right after all. The success of a thread has to do with the number of hits, including yours, who seems to be everywhere the roudies are trying to read the real life of this forum....the gossip.

Even Criss Colon came back from the dead. He even had the nerve to send me an e-mail saying I had no word because I quit and then came back, but that his word was really good because when he stays out he stays out. Well, I just saw him back a few posts ago with his egocentric CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Talk about an egomaniac!!

Robert, your involvement in the rif raf gossip is lowering your position as a webmaster. I though the arbiters were supposed to do that. But you are beginning to sound like the Robert that could not get away from Bravenet chasing Tom. Be cool man!!!

TW

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Give me a break...

Am I not allowed an opinion?

I'm glad to hear that you hold me in such high regard!