SMART FIT

potus

Dec 27, 2015
A new Smart Fit just opened up close to my office.
Anyone has any feedback or expierience. It looks like a great istallation from the outside......

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
They just opened one next to me too, where the new Bravo supermarket on prolongacion 27 is located . Must be cool inside, I keep seeing condensation on the windows.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I joined smart fit when they started (actually before , a pilot month for invitees only:p), stopped three months later but that’s on my lack of discipline and nothing to do with the quality of the gym. I think it’s a very good gym for the price. Keep in mind that there business model is that for 995 per month the average Dominican won’t cancel the membership even if he doesn’t go. The average cheap Dutchman does though. 

Big Friendly

Aug 1, 2017
Great gym!. I was a member at Sambil Mall for several months. It was a $1000 pesos per month plus a join charge but month to month after that. You can quit with 1 month's notice. All new Life Fitness equipment (which is my favorite). The locker rooms were small but so was the price. I only quit because I moved to Bella Vista and joined Body Shop. Without a doubt Body Shop is the largest, best equipped gym in the Dominican Republic. It is also more expensive.

potus

Dec 27, 2015
I joined smart fit when they started (actually before , a pilot month for invitees only:p), stopped three months later but that’s on my lack of discipline and nothing to do with the quality of the gym. I think it’s a very good gym for the price. Keep in mind that there business model is that for 995 per month the average Dominican won’t cancel the membership even if he doesn’t go. The average cheap Dutchman does though. 

Well, I signed up....facilities looked top of the line....(Black Membership)....Let's see. First day will be tomorrow......

potus

Dec 27, 2015
I went a few times so far this week. I am in love with the gym. It has all one can ask for. I am very happy. The only negative: Bathrooms are extremely small....2 stalls....that is it. Considering there is parking for around 200. However, Dominicans, unlike Europeans or US folks do not shower where they exercise. I am used from the States to exercise....shower and go to work.......Here, that is not the case.....so maybe a small bathroom is in order here. Also, shower is ice cold.....But, I can live with that......otherwise..great equipment....great facility.