Hotels in Santiago and tranport from Santo Domingo?

kchase

Feb 22, 2002
I have been searching for a good reasonably priced hotel to stay at in Santiago. Anyone have some suggestions? Also, what is the best way to get from the Santo Domingo airport to Santiago? Thank you so much for your help.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Contact the Aloha Sol. Tel: (809) 583-0090

Best way would be to take a taxi from the airport to Metro or Caribe Tours bus station in Santo Domingo and take the bus to Santiago. Cost less than US$30

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Advice given is quite accurate.

Metro es probably your best bet for a bus to Santiago.

Fare is close to100 pesos. A taxi from the Airport to the Metro Station is more than that...

From Metro Station in Santiago to Hotel Aloha Sol should be 40 pesos-argue...If stubborn, call 581 TAXI and ask for a taxi at Metro...40 pesos!

Hope it all goes well

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
We stay at the Hotel Colonial for less than RD$300/night. If you ask for new section, you will have a nearly new room, clean, cable TV and continuous hot water. No swimming pool, but for a basic room it is an excellent value.

Sandra

Mar 15, 2002
Need Transportation

Hello

Im a travel agent and I have a wonderful taxi service that I use that can take you from Santiago to Santo Domingo. If you like more information, contact me at Funlocations@yahoo.com

sandra

kchase

Feb 22, 2002
Thanks everyone!

All of you have helped me so much. I really appreciate it. I have another question. Need to stay at a hotel in SD because my flight arrives at 1:00 A.M. Ouch! I'd like to stay on the water, but not pay American prices. I looked at the other hotels people have suggested on other threads, but they are out of my price range. I prefer a smaller quaint style hotel. I will also need transport from the airport to the hotel. Any suggestions?