LoJack in the DR

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
A story with a happy ending.

Our nephew's white Hyundai Jelly Bean got stolen from the parking lot of a Catholic church in downtown Santiago last Sunday evening. He was crushed because of the loan balance remaining and had minimal insurance that did not cover theft. The theft was reported to the police with VIN, etc., who seemed to blow it off.

Today he was informed in a call that the car was found in Nagua through "GPS", i.e. LoJack...that he was unaware had been installed. He thinks the prior owner may have installed the device.

Not only that, after the car was located the Nagua PN did not grab it right away. Instead plain clothes officers staked out the location and waited for the perps. Three, all from Santiago, were arrested.

We don't know yet if there is any damage.

But seems LoJack in the DR does work.

user123

Aug 16, 2017
LoJack does work! When I was carjacked and my SUV stolen (4 guys from Santiago) they went to a cabana for the night but in the morning couldn't start the car because LoJack requires a 4 digit code to start the car, they left the car in a cabana and left, the cabana security called the cops and the caps saw that the car was reported stolen, same story then, a few plain clothes cops came and waited, 2 of the perps came back for the car and a shootout occurred, one perp ended in a hospital, the other one got 1 year preventivo, don't know what happened after.

user123

Aug 16, 2017
Just to add, Monumental required me to put LoJack in the SUV if I wanted seguro full.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Just to add, Monumental required me to put LoJack in the SUV if I wanted seguro full.
Ours too, when we had the Montero. But not with the Explorer because there is little market for its parts.