80 Yr Anniversary of the Parsley Massacre

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I would love to say it was a different world back then but when I look at today's Sh!thead dictators the world has changed much.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The Dominican Republic has every right to control its borders - they really don't that's the truth. Every country does and should control immigration to maintain security and viability of the resources. But the Haitians that are in the DR, many that were born here and have never been to Haiti, many others who have legal status been here most of their lives and yet are treated badly.
I would encourage people not to be afraid to interact with Haitians, many are great. They are humble and loving of their families. I can only imagine the 40s and what it was like for blacks in America who weren't considered for work except for the most menial jobs. Many know when they apply for a job their information goes straight in the waste can.
I have perhaps a dozen Haitian friends in the DR and they have always been reliable friends, helping me move or just sharing a beer.
I can say I was raised by parents in the deep South, and I would lie if I said I don't still hold some prejudiced views that were ingrained in me as a child. But it has taken living in cultures of different colors to get me to the point where I accept everyone deserves opportunity to make a good life and that color of skin does not make the man, woman, boy or girl.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The DR has the right to control its borders, but not like that. There's no justification for what happened in 1937 (in the same way there's no justification for all the people Dessalines massacred east of the border.)

Even Joaquin Balaguer, who was one of the most influential men trusted by Trujillo, said that "the massacre was a barbarous act by orders of Trujillo, comparable only to Hitler's massacre of the Jews in Europe." He did said that though barbarous, it did solved the problem of illegal immigration from Haiti until the PRD rose to power in 1978 and basically became desinterested in guarding the border. Balaguer said that many key people in that administration were bothered by the 'taint' Trujillo's barbaric act thrusted upon the international image of the DR, that they wished to undo that by allowing Haitians to enter the DR basically with no controls what-so-ever. He also said that, though with good intentions, a person doesn't need to be a political expert to know that an uncontrolled increase of the Haitian population within the DR would put the survivability of Dominican sovereignty and even jeopardize the very existence of the country. As the DR population increasingly becomes overwhelmingly of partial Haitian ancestry, the legitimacy of the border will eventually brake down and when that happens, the DR will cease to exist absorbed into Haiti in body, mind, and politically. 

The recent issues that arose during the regularization plan and how the DR was effectively cornered by the pro-Haitians is seen by many Dominicans as evidence in favor of what Balaguer said would eventually happen. That is only a small taste of what's in store for the country if the flow from the west continues with little or no controls. 

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I mentioned elsewhere that I was at Punta Blanca in Bavaro today . To those who do not know the area it is at the northern end of the Punta Cana /Bavaro strip and I suppose more than 20 kilometres from the airport . It was almost impossible to see a Dominican face there ,they were all Haitian ..just as the enormous storm damage was a surprise to me the predominance of Haitians was staggering . The killings by Trujillo has had no effect on the flow of these people into the DR ..The illegal immigrant problem is far greater now than it was in the time of Trujillo and the approach simply would not work now . A different solution must be found very quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

suavena

Jan 27, 2009
The DR has the right to control its borders, but not like that. There's no justification for what happened in 1937 (in the same way there's no justification for all the people Dessalines massacred east of the border.)

Even Joaquin Balaguer, who was one of the most influential men trusted by Trujillo, said that "the massacre was a barbarous act by orders of Trujillo, comparable only to Hitler's massacre of the Jews in Europe." He did said that though barbarous, it did solved the problem of illegal immigration from Haiti until the PRD rose to power in 1978 and basically became desinterested in guarding the border. Balaguer said that many key people in that administration were bothered by the 'taint' Trujillo's barbaric act thrusted upon the international image of the DR, that they wished to undo that by allowing Haitians to enter the DR basically with no controls what-so-ever. He also said that, though with good intentions, a person doesn't need to be a political expert to know that an uncontrolled increase of the Haitian population within the DR would put the survivability of Dominican sovereignty and even jeopardize the very existence of the country. As the DR population increasingly becomes overwhelmingly of partial Haitian ancestry, the legitimacy of the border will eventually brake down and when that happens, the DR will cease to exist absorbed into Haiti in body, mind, and politically. 

The recent issues that arose during the regularization plan and how the DR was effectively cornered by the pro-Haitians is seen by many Dominicans as evidence in favor of what Balaguer said would eventually happen. That is only a small taste of what's in store for the country if the flow from the west continues with little or no controls. 

Balaguer was a man for the time. Probably the most cerebral and important to his country than any others statemen Latin American and a poll not long ago coming ahead of leftist heroes like Bosch and Pena Gomez in a left political ideology country really show what he meant for his country and now they understand why and how he did it. For example, one of the reason DR and Haiti are night and day is because Balaguer understood better than anybody how preserve the DR: he subsidies natural gas and gave free stove to the poor Dominicans and implemented probably the toughest environment policy in the hemisphere when law enforcement had the right to shoot on the spot a person cutting tree without government approval. It was a big uproar about this policy at the time. He created the first national park and protected the forest with teeth and nail. By the time he left office for good in 96, the DR had the number one ecosystem in the Caribbean and Central America.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I mentioned elsewhere that I was at Punta Blanca in Bavaro today . To those who do not know the area it is at the northern end of the Punta Cana /Bavaro strip and I suppose more than 20 kilometres from the airport . It was almost impossible to see a Dominican face there ,they were all Haitian ..just as the enormous storm damage was a surprise to me the predominance of Haitians was staggering . The killings by Trujillo has had no effect on the flow of these people into the DR ..The illegal immigrant problem is far greater now than it was in the time of Trujillo and the approach simply would not work now . A different solution must be found very quickly.

Sadly it is too late. The globalist and afro-centric agenda has won. As a people, including myself, we have failed by not hiring Dominicans but instead benefiting from the desperation of the Haitian people. The unending supply of desperate, cheap labor has decimated the Dominican "working class"

Does this sound familiar ?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It is a situation that plays itself out globally. The RD is not unique to this set of circumstances.

jenmar237

Aug 8, 2017
I guess I'll go in a different direction than all here and express that I don't believe that the 'Parsely Massacre' really happened, or at the very least, that if it did happen, it was not as has been portrayed all these years. One should ask themselves, and consider the following:

- Mass graves; if there were really 30k+ ppl massacred, wouldn't there be mass graves of an event like this? Have any ever been found? I find it hard to believe that all of these massacred would have been thrown into the ocean.
- Other versions indicate that it was not Trujillo that ordered killings of Haitians, but rather, Dominican campesinos took actions into their own hands after being tired of Haitians illegally encroaching on Dominican lands; As a matter of fact, just like today, border towns had become almost all Haitian.
- Trujillo supposedly repeatedly asked Stenio Vincent to assist or handle the problem of mass Haitian illegals in the DR to no avail.
- Historians such as Bernardo Vega showcasing that the actual number of Haitians killed hovered around 1k -2k, by no means a small number, but no where near the 15k+ or 30k+ that has been bombarded as the official story all these years.