15 years following ..

tdaniels

Aug 7, 2016
Hi Everyone

I am finally posting to this group, have been following this forum since 2003 when I took my first adventure to DR to live and work for a summer in Santo Domingo.  I continue to return annually and am getting very close to making a move more permanently, have been offered a few great teaching jobs in the capital, and am very much considering connecting soon to see what may be available in the upcoming year...a big change for me for sure, but after this long...I am finally feeling ready to embrace more of the culture that I enjoy so much.  

Have read both "What about your Saucepans" books which were amazing, and follow the blog weekly as well, have passed on the book to many friends here as well that venture to the DR for the typical Canadian get away, but just to give them some insight into the world outside the resorts! 

Cheers to all, and thanks to so many for all the information over the years, I feel badly in that I have not given much in return, but have certainly gained so much detail from this wonderful forum. 

TD 
NS, Canada 

Donnad722

Mar 22, 2016
Welcome! Living here is a real adventure. No where on planet earth is perfect, we just have to make the best of anywhere we are at.