CariPack

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
It looks like I made the mistake of sending 2 packages to Caripack not realizing that they had closed. Oddly, my packages have been accepted in Miami (US Priority Mail), but Miami office isn't answering their phone and the retail offices in the DR appear shuttered. The website is still up and accepting new accounts and providing an address, so I filled a complaint with the USPS.

Barring a miracle, I suspect I'm SOL.

Any ideas beyond switching back to EPS?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
EPS has a better online tracking system in place, but CPS is a bit cheaper and so far has provided good customer service and has proven to be reliable. EPS is sometimes overzealous in their classification of what is a dangerous good and quick to levy surcharges. I used EPS for years until I finally got to the point that a change was needed. CPS has not yet caused me to regret going further down the street.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It looks like I made the mistake of sending 2 packages to Caripack not realizing that they had closed. Oddly, my packages have been accepted in Miami (US Priority Mail), but Miami office isn't answering their phone and the retail offices in the DR appear shuttered. The website is still up and accepting new accounts and providing an address, so I filled a complaint with the USPS.

Barring a miracle, I suspect I'm SOL.

Any ideas beyond switching back to EPS?

there was a guy standing in front of the main door in POP explaining how to go about getting outstanding packages. he was giving out a phone number. i have no idea if he was on the up and up, but he was talking with a group which had been inconvenienced by the state of affairs.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Miracles never cease... my package has arrived! Maybe it's a teaser email but I'll go down there tomorrow.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
2 weeks ago I got 1 of 3 packages, tomorrow i will check if I got the rest, I was using a company that subcontracted Caripack, maybe you are lucky and get it too

sweetP

Sep 3, 2013
It seems indeed as if a subcontractor has been given the task of resolving customer concerns with their delayed packages. Here in Puerto Plata, I received an official looking email from Caripack, saying that my packages were ready for pick-up. When I called the number from the email, a femal representative did in fact confirm that my packages were ready, and directed me to a location, which was her residence, an apartment, where she had only one of three packages that I sent three months ago. Three weeks later, she again contacted me to retrieve the other two packages. Her apartment was full of packages, so I would advise everyone waiting on their packages to hurry up and wait. It will happen, but at a Dominican pace!

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
The packages that no body pick up will be sent back to Santo Domingo, so better keep tracking the shipments, I was today asking about my 2 package left and they told me next week they will receive another shipment, so I will go there again next friday.