Where can a Tecnomaster Smart T.V fix?

lionofjudah

Nov 24, 2014
I've purchase this T.V over a year ago at Plaza Lama. While moving it around, I bump it into something. This is what it shows when I turned it on. Is it fixable? :ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm:

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Do it your self

I've purchase this T.V over a year ago at Plaza Lama. While moving it around, I bump it into something. This is what it shows when I turned it on. Is it fixable? :ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm:

Hi, take the back cover off and check the card number(s).
Depend on the model there is one card or two (video and power supply card or one card combining both).
Buy the cards on ebay for a few bucks and replace them. If you can change a light bulb, you can change the card(s) !!!.
Wherever you bring the tv to fix; they will do exactly the same. If you want to save money; purchase the power supply card first (90% possibility that this is the defect one). DO NOT BUY THE CARDS ACCORDING TO THE TV MODEL !!! There are dif. Cards in the same model depends on when it was made.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hi, take the back cover off and check the card number(s).
Depend on the model there is one card or two (video and power supply card or one card combining both).
Buy the cards on ebay for a few bucks and replace them. If you can change a light bulb, you can change the card(s) !!!.
Wherever you bring the tv to fix; they will do exactly the same. If you want to save money; purchase the power supply card first (90% possibility that this is the defect one). DO NOT BUY THE CARDS ACCORDING TO THE TV MODEL !!! There are dif. Cards in the same model depends on when it was made.

That is the same procedure I follow. However, I am a retired MSEE. Not all what want to enter the inner sanctum of a modern TV. Board level changes are easy, but you have to get the connectors off without damage.

Alas and alack, the female defense already presented.

lionofjudah

Nov 24, 2014
Why does this site make it so hard to upload images from phone? My smart t.v screen is not damage. However, when I turn it on, it show a crack on the screen. It's silly. Half of the screen is okay, but the other half has no image. I just want to fix it. I can't do it myself. It's like telling a heart surgeon to operate on a brain. Not cool. :bored::bored:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Why does this site make it so hard to upload images from phone? My smart t.v screen is not damage. However, when I turn it on, it show a crack on the screen. It's silly. Half of the screen is okay, but the other half has no image. I just want to fix it. I can't do it myself. It's like telling a heart surgeon to operate on a brain. Not cool. :bored::bored:

Instead of blaming an internet forum for the inability to post an image featuring your problem at hand, let's try to tackle this problem together. Several posters have attempted to provide you with sound advice. If this is not "cool" enough, may I suggest calling, or perhaps taking a trip to Plaza Lama where you made the purchase and inquiring as to who they use for technical help or repairs. Being that the television is over a year old, only you know if the warranty is still active, if indeed you have or had one. If the warranty is good, perfect. If not, move along and forward. As I mentioned, ask those same people who work in Plaza Lama whom are the techs they utilize. Under warranty or not, these people know who the techs are, whether they are working under contract or not. I have yet to meet a skilled technician who is not open to making some money on the side to work on a problem which is his targeted area of expertise. If this does not work, buy a new television.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

In Santo Domingo, av. tiradentes, between Kennedy and Plaza Naco (on your right if you come from Kennedy), there’s a place that fixes tv’s. I had him fix the hdmi connection on my tv. You can hardly miss it , it’s called Leo Color T.V.’s. Same building as Papelería Naco. 

Last edited:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A cracked TV screen usually means a new screen. If you are ok in Spanish, you can probably phone around, give the make, model and serial # and get quotes for a new screen. Otherwise, you'll need to schlep the TV around to the various places you find to get that estimate.

Google can be helpful but you will need to search in Spanish. "reparación de televisión Santo Domingo" for example. Once you hear the price for a new screen, maybe a new TV would be more cost effective. Good luck.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
screen damage has no fix

, There was no picture at your first post. A damaged screen has NO FIX ! Especially on a a low cost tv as tecnomaster.