Sartorial Prudence

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Being a 3x Dengue victim and current Melanoma patient, I have started to take some precautions in my otherwise reckless life.

ExOfficio makes a shirt that offers SPF and bug repellent all wrapped into one convenient purchase.

Bye Bye mosquitoes , good bye sun damage.....

This is not a paid promotion....
just passing on the small amount of information I have and can remember currently.

I also find that drinking cheap alcohol is an effective bug repellent....
with the worst side effect being that it also can repel certain humans ...

not always a bad thing!!

JDFriend

the Translator
May 15, 2007
I drink Brugal, now I understand why I have so many friends hanging around, and to survive I have to put some repellent cream every evening. [emoji28][emoji38][emoji41]

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I just looked up their website. You are on to something here. Thank you for the suggestion.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
You're welcome.

I will say that each Dengue bout seemed to get worse - stronger.
The first was barely noticeable.... 10 days of 'grippe' type symptoms... little fever, aches/pains, etc.

The second and third are very identifiable....
104F + fever calming down to 101-102F for 8-10 days coupled with an excruciating headache
So bad that combing your hair is painful.

I have read that encephalitis can occur (brain swelling).

The recent rains might have created a nice habitat for our buzzing little friends....

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Have you tried any of their products yet? I'm leaning towards one pair of lightweight pants, as well as the light hooded top for starters. I'll give them a go.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, I have the bug shirt...

My other stuff... pretty well all SPF.... is KUHL or Columbia.

ExOfficio caught my attention with the bug proof--- good for ~80 washes as I recall.

All these brands are lightweight and fast dry....with zipper openings for ventilation.
Much like wearing nothing at all.

I'm not into shorts much anymore....