Inverter Protection

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Can anyone recommend what type of device/equipment is required to protect my 7.5Kw Inverter system from electrical surges? Location Santiago.

Thank you

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
We had a whole house voltage regulator installed between the street and the house

I am interested in brand and price too! Since the emergency generator in our building majestically f****d up my Inverter while Irma passed by...

Are there "whole-apartment-voltage-regulators" too? :)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I am interested in brand and price too! Since the emergency generator in our building majestically f****d up my Inverter while Irma passed by...

Are there "whole-apartment-voltage-regulators" too? :)

A whole house/apartment surge arrestor may be a good alternative and can be had for under $100 USD. Most likely you can do the install yourself.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
May I ask how much this cost you?

Neither of us remembers exactly, but wasn’t a lot, under $200 installed.  We needed it because our washer wouldn’t agitate or spin on the low voltage, but it protects the whole house and keeps everything on a steady voltage.  I think we have it set close to 120 because of that washer

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Thank you for the information. Much appreciated
Neither of us remembers exactly, but wasn’t a lot, under $200 installed.  We needed it because our washer wouldn’t agitate or spin on the low voltage, but it protects the whole house and keeps everything on a steady voltage.  I think we have it set close to 120 because of that washer

Thank you

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Jinty05,
We have used several surge protectors in cascade. On the incoming lines - GE THSAURGE60 , in the invertor -a 5.2 Kw 20/220 volt by EasyPower approximately 600 Joules built in protection at our request when the invertor was built and in the following next panel GE THQLSURGE . This gave three levels of surge/spike protection and it has been good for the last 12 years. Cost is about US$130 US to US$200 for the first and for the second GE - US$50 or so

Hope that helps

Olly and the Team