Riu Palace Macao :??

ophurley

Mar 16, 2002
Hello !! Is there any feed back about this hotel? We will
be there for just 3 days . . .we arrrive 11am on March 22nd
and leave 10pm on March 25th . My husband and I, our 18
year old son and his 23 year old friend . I don't know how this site works , can you e-mail me :eek:piam331@aol.com

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Riu Palace Macao is a top choice for couples seeking rest and relaxation. But your son and friend should not get bored, as there is the disco Pacha that is very popular with tourists from all the hotels in the area. Also, they will be able to meet other single guests from the sister hotels of the Palace that are next door.

kimberly

Mar 18, 2002
going same time

Only 4 more days and we will also be heading to Riu Palace Macao. Arriving Friday and leaving late Monday night. My husband and I along with my sister and her husband all coming in from Phila. Can't wait - I've read nothing but great things about the hotel. Check out debbiedomicantravel.com for great info on Punta Cana and the hotel. Maybe we'll see you there!! :)

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Kimberly and Op...

Let me know how the 3-day trip goes. I had a couple of chances to go on some 3-night trips but thought it would be a waste of airline fare for such a short trip. Plus, there is just too much to do and see in such a short time. On the other hand, a little DR is better than no DR. Enjoy yourselves!

PS I'll be in PHL this summer for the first time in my life for my niece's wedding. Ciao

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Vegging out at a Punta Cana hotel is about all you will want to do if you travel to this East Coast destination. These hotels are cut out for rest and relaxation. If you want an active vacation, head for Puerto Plata or Samana, Juan Dolio, or even La Romana. So a three day vacation is fine if you can catch a flight right into Punta Cana Airport.

kimberly

Mar 18, 2002
Arriving early in the AM on Friday and not leaving until late Monday night so I have 4 full days. I couldn't stand being away from my 3 kids much longer. (so I say now-hee hee). I will def. post some info. on my trip when I get back.

Would love some feedback on the best excursion to take from the hotel. I am leaning toward the jeep trip to the waterfalls but so undecided.

AtlantaBob, I hope you make some time to go see all the Phila history. Enjoy the city that loves you back.

Mickey

Mar 3, 2002
Waterfall Trip

Last spring I was in Puerto Plata for a week. By far the most memorable day of the week was our trip into the mountains to go see the waterfalls and experience the countryside. I won't ruin any surprises, but the whole day was a great adventure. I highly encourage you to do this tour. Make sure to wear a bathing suit, and take it easy on the drinks throughout the day, especially in the morning. I'm not the strongest swimmer to begin with, and with a few cuba libres and shoes and khakis and well.... its a damn good thing those tour guides are excellent swimmers! Take the trip and I guarantee you'll have a blast!
mickey

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
This recommendation makes no sense. Puerto Plata is more than eight hours away from Punta Cana by car and about an hour by plane. Even if you took the flight, you would have to go from the airport to the Damajagua site, another hour by car. That is, you would have to overnight in Puerto Plata. If the person only has a three day vacation, then it makes no sense. If you only have three days, enjoy what your resort and the beach in the area has to offer. Those interested in the Imbert-Damajagua excursion should book a hotel on the north coast (Luperon, Puerto Plata, Playa Dorada, Sosua, Cabarete, Playa Grande hotels).

kimberly

Mar 18, 2002
waterfall trip

Thanks for the info. Maybe next trip then. I didn't realize it was so far away. Nothing similar in the Punta Cana area? Any excursion that you would recommend?

jjsk

"Going for Gold"
Jan 1, 2002
we did the Bavaro Runners jeep tour, which was cool, but no waterfall...

Mickey

Mar 3, 2002
Sorry, I wasn't completely clear. I know PC and PP are quite distant, I was just relating my experience which I figured would be similar. You are right though, it may not be. Only one way to find out though. Make sure you go with a reputable company and you should be in for a good time. Sorry if I misled you in anyway. Have a great trip!