Car rental for 3 weeks Sosua area.

james

Jan 14, 2002
A friend arrives for first 20 days in December (he needs a " small SUV") to commute a couple of times daily back and forth to a La Mulata house. He has driven here many, many times but coming in a rental from STGO this time he flies direct to Puerto Plata. Any recommendations where might be the best place to rent? Price wise and reliability wise? Someone told him the airport as some local rentals often have a problem that gets expensive. Any idea of daily cost. Thanks in advance for any info or ideas you may have.

Jan 17, 2009
OK Motors in Sosua.  Have him pay for full coverage for an additional small fee.  Their cars are less expensive than at the airport and they do a good job maintaining them.  Sorry I can't remember how much we paid last time we rented an SUV.  I rented a car in August and totally forgot how much it cost.  It was very reasonable.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
L und I rentals on Calle sin salida in Sosua opposite Fraggle Rock. Ask for Louis (speaks fluent English). Older cars, but well maintained, and great customer service. You’ll pay about 1000-1500 pesos per day depending on the car (they have several small SUV’s). They’ll pick you up at POP airport too. 

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
L und I rentals on Calle sin salida in Sosua opposite Fraggle Rock. Ask for Louis (speaks fluent English). Older cars, but well maintained, and great customer service. You’ll pay about 1000-1500 pesos per day depending on the car (they have several small SUV’s). They’ll pick you up at POP airport too.
Yes. I have great experiences with L&I as well and have rented from Luis for at least eight years. Long term you can get great deals. You won't have the insurance you'll get at the airport though, you do need to be aware of that and willing to take that risk.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
OK Motors are definitely the best. Excellent prices, excellent service but most important excellent insurance. They never inspect the vehicles when you are finished because they always say, "it does not matter what condition you return them in, you have full insurance".
Whenever any of my clients had an issue with the car they replace it immediately. To be quite honest they have one of the best services I have ever seen anywhere in the world and would not hesitate recommending them to anyone.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
OK motors would be the best for your friend. Free pick up and drop off at POP airport, competitive rates, 24 hr emergency # and friendly and professional staff. You can do it all from online http://www.ok-motors.com/en/ . Tell them Junior from Qlindo Store referred you.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
OK Motors are definitely the best. Excellent prices, excellent service but most important excellent insurance. They never inspect the vehicles when you are finished because they always say, "it does not matter what condition you return them in, you have full insurance".
Whenever any of my clients had an issue with the car they replace it immediately. To be quite honest they have one of the best services I have ever seen anywhere in the world and would not hesitate recommending them to anyone.

Some of their aging fleet of Chevrolet Aveo rentals need to be retired as the ACs don't function well or the AC quits after a long drive and some stalling, and I rented several times from them, always had a Chevy Aveo and usually it was several weeks at a time. Now that was in the past but as I still drive by there I still see some Aveos on their lot.
But you are correct they are easy to deal with, unlike a particular agency in front of Orange, who really gigged a friend of mine on a damaged bumper.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I would never recommend anybody but OK Motors. If you get into an accident or any trouble they will take care of you. They're the biggest in Sosua for a reason.