Need to go to a baseball game

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
This would be an overnight trip for us.  I need to know what stadium would provide the best experience.  Also need recommendations for a place to stay nearby.  

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
This would be an overnight trip for us.  I need to know what stadium would provide the best experience.  Also need recommendations for a place to stay nearby.  

Santo Domingo

There is only one stadium in Santo Domingo, Estadio Quisqueya. Located on avenida tiridentes, just above JFK.

Game schedule:

http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/163593-2017-18-Baseball-Season?p=1830193#post1830193

Get tickets for seating section Palcos A, any other seating section might be too much of an "experience".

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Some teams provide a better experience...(Licey vs Aguilas or Escogido vs Licey).. Santo Domingo or Santiago would be my choice. In Santo Domingo depending on budget Embassy Suites would be a good option. Family stayed there and they actually had a very good view of the stadium, quite close.

Retire

Jan 18, 2017
I am going to the game in Santiago on the 31st . Having never been to a game in DR before , and having read above , what advice can you give ? I will be going on the 30th , staying until the 1st . Trying to choose a suitable hotel for 2 couples , our wives want to be able to walk around , shop etc. We will be seeing the sights the day of game as it doesn't start until 8pm . Am concerened about getting great seats along 1st base line and down low .

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Palco AAA should be what you want. Not sure of the numbers for first base line, but you will be almost in the game with these.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Palco AAA should be what you want. Not sure of the numbers for first base line, but you will be almost in the game with these.

I guess seating nomenclature varies from stadium to stadium as there is no Palco AAA at Estadio Quisqueya in Santo Domingo. Palco A are the best seats, with Palco AA being a second choice. My preference is Palco A.

Estadio Quisqueya
6y0213.jpg

Estadio Cibao
f23dpk.jpg

Last edited:

orlando44

Jun 20, 2012
The stadium in San Pedro de Macorís is very nice and if someone dropped you there blindfolded you would swear you were in the US at a NL or AL park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Reading your post I have to admit that not going to the stadium in 8 years YOU may be right and I wrong. I could have it backward as A to AAA. Not sure now which is in front.

So please excuse me and ask before you buy.............

Retire

Jan 18, 2017
I guess seating nomenclature varies from stadium to stadium as there is no Palco AAA at Estadio Quisqueya in Santo Domingo. Palco A are the best seats, with Palco AA being a second choice. My preference is Palco A.

Estadio Quisqueya
6y0213.jpg

Estadio Cibao
f23dpk.jpg

bigbird ; Who knew there would be a seating chart at Cibao ! Thank you Thank you Thank YOU ! Thanks for the responses !

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The stadium in La Romana is nice. Unfortunately not much excitement as the OP may be looking for. Also rather far if on the NC.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
They may only sell the season tickets before the start of play. Now they are into the season.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Baseball in Santiago.

1. I do not think you can find Palco A tickets along first base line.

2. I like seats on the other side--sections 19-23. you have good sightlines and can get closer to the field..

3. Re: Hotel. You should know that Santiago is not a tourist town and has few sites. There is the Monumento to the Restauracion which is interesting and provides guides on each floor. As far as shopping? For tourist stuff, there is just the Mercado Modelo on Del Sol Street in the middle of town. Ask for Juleska..she will give you the best deal. Tell her that her professor sent you.....any othe shopping is a waste of time, unless you live here and want some supplies from PriceSmart or Bellon. Hotels: Jardines is quiet not expensive. Aloja Sol is in the middle of town.Have fun, I am sure you will enjoy the game...

HB

Retire

Jan 18, 2017
Baseball in Santiago.

1. I do not think you can find Palco A tickets along first base line.

2. I like seats on the other side--sections 19-23. you have good sightlines and can get closer to the field..

3. Re: Hotel. You should know that Santiago is not a tourist town and has few sites. There is the Monumento to the Restauracion which is interesting and provides guides on each floor. As far as shopping? For tourist stuff, there is just the Mercado Modelo on Del Sol Street in the middle of town. Ask for Juleska..she will give you the best deal. Tell her that her professor sent you.....any othe shopping is a waste of time, unless you live here and want some supplies from PriceSmart or Bellon. Hotels: Jardines is quiet not expensive. Aloja Sol is in the middle of town.Have fun, I am sure you will enjoy the game...

HB

Thank you for the information . I do live here ,Near Cabarete . I will be going to Price Smart on my way home . Thanks again .