Casa Marina & Puerta Plata Village Distance

Jess

Mar 17, 2002
Hi wondered if anyone can help me, i'm looking for the distance between Casa Marina Reef hotel & Puerta Plata Village Hotel, i've been told 12 miles, is this correct? and does anyone know what I would expect to pay for a taxi or is there any other transport I can take here?

Thanks
Jess

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You can almost swin there.

It is quite close, about a twenty minute ride in a taxi.
You have to diddle the price, or ask Eddy or the folks at Britannia Pub.

Or you could take a guagua. Get off at the main (second) =entrance to Playa Dorada, PPVR is the first one on your right as you go in. Just in back of the fourth fairway and green.

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The cheapest way to taxi there is to walk up to the highway. The terminal for the public cars that run between Sosua and Puerto Plata is next to to the Texaco station. These cars have a red sign mounted on the roof. You can pay RD$100 for the entire car. It will drop you off at entrance for Playa Dorada complex. This is less than half what you would pay for a regular taxi. An option, to give yourself some comfort, is to pay for some additional seats. The normal charge to PP is RD$15/person. If you are alone, pay RD$30 and take the front seat (normally there are 2 passengers plus driver). Or, if you have one or two in your party, pay RD$60 and take over the back seat (normally there are 4 passengers.

Taxis are expensive (relatively speaking). I always use the public cars and pay a little extra for the comfort.