16 Sardines in a Camry

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Or Stuff a Phone Booth ??

I still have somewhat of a memory.... at times !!!

Feeble - like most other things.....

hahaha

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
My question is how does anyone think you can smuggle 16 people in a car ?
You have to pass through border control on roads, but it must work for some

The article says this was in Navarette. If that’s true, they were way past the border, almost to Santiago...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The article says this was in Navarette. If that’s true, they were way past the border, almost to Santiago...

Yeah I wondered about that because you would think they would have unpacked and scattered somewhere after crossing la frontera, but I thought it was maybe just on the road to Naverette and maybe that was their destination - sometimes the Detras del Rumor articles, are at best, seem pieced together

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Yeah I wondered about that because you would think they would have unpacked and scattered somewhere after crossing la frontera, but I thought it was maybe just on the road to Naverette and maybe that was their destination - sometimes the Detras del Rumor articles, are at best, seem pieced together

Maybe the driver got paid to cross the border , and deliver them to the army.... paid at both ends.....
Such desperation ; how fortunate we are.!!!
Russell

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
That's how they enter, now the DR is stuck with them.

Even deporting them in air conditioned coach buses with full course meals will merit at least a close eye from the NGO's and the 'international community,' ready to chastise the country for what they can consider to be the most lineant of 'faults' in the handling of the Haitians.

Considering the lack of controls in Haiti regarding many types of diseases, all everyone can hope is that the illegal flow doesn't introduces diseases that were erradicated a long time ago in the DR. By law foreigners with contagious diseases are forbidden to enter the DR, all in the hopes of protecting the resident population.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
When will the Haitian government finally be held accountable by the international community, instead of just receiving blank checks?