Honey Moon where to go

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Hello, i have friends coming and they want to spend their honey Moon somewhere in DR. Could somebody recommend a nice special place, hotel, retreat etc... Some real distinct place :)

jimbobo

Feb 9, 2014
Hello, i have friends coming and they want to spend their honey Moon somewhere in DR. Could somebody recommend a nice special place, hotel, retreat etc... Some real distinct place :)

I know of a nice place with stunning views on the hills of las Galeras. In season you can see the whales jumping right in front of you. It's called "la Finca" in Samana. They have a facebook page, and I believe they're also on airBnB...

https://m.facebook.com/La-Finca-202426859937611/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
How about the Dominican Tree House Village? It's a bit pricey, but ...

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I think the coast from Barahona to Pedernales is one of the most beautiful parts of the country and Casa Bonita is definitely not a cesspool.

Matilda

Loved it.....

I stayed there a few times!!

Incredible views!!

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Depends on the people. Stay in room. OK. Want to do stuff. North Coast. Active Cabarete, It all depends on what they want to spend. Some AI's include air. Do they want to get married on the beach. You, they have many options. Good luck

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Go ahead and head to Casa Bonita as suggested. When there, do the zipline (one of my favorites in the DR) and then finish it off with time at their very natural spa located in the jungle. Take another day and hike to Cueva de la Virgen off the road to Casa Bonita. On another day, leave the hotel early and drive all the way out to Bahia de las Aguilas beach, with lunch at Rancho Tipico Cueva de las Aguilas. The views on the highway from Barahona to Pedernales are spectacular, likewise, the boat trip from Cabo Rojo to Bahia de las Aguilas beach.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Other romantic options...

The Colonial City of Santo Domingo (many boutique hotels) - Hotel Billini with great location to mention just one.

Paraiso Caño Hondo, for those who enjoy nature, with spectacular tours of the Los Haitises National Park.

Plenty of hotels in Samana province

Last edited:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

A little more information regarding your friends may aid those in trying to assist you with suggestions. For example, approximate ages of the couple, length of stay for the planned honeymoon, as well as prior experience with visiting the RD.
Whereas younger couples may enjoy an all-inclusive, older couples may enjoy the intimacy of a B&B type arrangement. A longer stay, as opposed to a shorter one, would also not hinder them in regards to travel time if it is indeed a remote locale they desire.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
A little more information regarding your friends may aid those in trying to assist you with suggestions. For example, approximate ages of the couple, length of stay for the planned honeymoon, as well as prior experience with visiting the RD.
Whereas younger couples may enjoy an all-inclusive, older couples may enjoy the intimacy of a B&B type arrangement. A longer stay, as opposed to a shorter one, would also not hinder them in regards to travel time if it is indeed a remote locale they desire.

they are mid 40's , very active , adventurous, love nature, enjoy history,