Solar Panel Recommendations

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
The tower that I live in, in Santo Domingo, has a massive flat roof and are finally interested in installing solar panels. It should be a nice contract for a company as it's quite a big tower. Can anyone recommend a good solar panel company that handles work in the capital?

jimbobo

Feb 9, 2014
The tower that I live in, in Santo Domingo, has a massive flat roof and are finally interested in installing solar panels. It should be a nice contract for a company as it's quite a big tower. Can anyone recommend a good solar panel company that handles work in the capital?

TraceSolar

ChelseaRose

Jul 16, 2017
Cool! Does TraceSolar do single family installs, too? We want to put solar on our house in la zona in a year.

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Same question for Cabarete for a project in the coming months.

@jimbobo ,

Why are you suggesting TraceSolar ? I see, they have a "point of sale" in Puerto Plata on their web-site.

Thank you

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
there is a challenge for one to consider.
Polycrystaline panels are like the old christmas tree light bulbs... when one goes out they all go out.
Same with Solar Panels.Lots of Polycrystaline being dumped on the marlet.
Monocrystaline panels have series of singular cells ... if one burns out the rest continue to supply energy.
I have 4000watts of Monocrystaline solar panels (16 Panels )... never had a problem.
Got them from North American Solar Panels in Puerto Plata... that was some time ago ;;;

FYI
Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Polycrystaline panels are like the old christmas tree light bulbs... when one goes out they all go out.
Monocrystaline panels have series of singular cells ... if one burns out the rest continue to supply energy.
I have 4000watts of Monocrystaline solar panels (16 Panels )... never had a problem.
Got them from North American Solar Panels in Puerto Plata... that was some time ago ;;;

FYI
Russell

Here in Luperon the degrees of installation is 19 .
FYI

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
For Cabarete contact Dolfy at Sosua Satellite <sosuasatellite@hotmail.com>

Honest and does a great job

Bob K

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013

I am interested in hearing how it goes with whomever you choose as a supplier, and installer. Thank you

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013

FYI
Russell

This was informative! I watched a couple videos one I will post. Its important to be able to tell the difference so you know what your buying. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCq0K3DlFdc