Looking for a new home

orlando44

Jun 20, 2012
I worked in Santo Domingo for 3 years from 2011 to 2014 but now I wish to move back - but this time to retire. A friend and I are considering Jarabacoa but if someone could chime in for any advice. Also is it a safe place more or less? Is it affordable to have a high end residence with most of the amenities that one would have in the US for example - internet, local adequate gym, basic adequate supermarket? If we could rent something for around 900 a month or so that might work but we understand that electric and water would be additional. Also someone said that Jaracacoa is a boring place to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnad722

Mar 22, 2016
Looking for a new Home

I worked in Santo Domingo for 3 years from 2011 to 2014 but now I wish to move back - but this time to retire. A friend and I are considering Jarabacoa but if someone could chime in for any advice. Also is it a safe place more or less? Is it affordable to have a high end residence with most of the amenities that one would have in the US for example - internet, local adequate gym, basic adequate supermarket? If we could rent something for around 900 a month or so that might work but we understand that electric and water would be additional. Also someone said that Jaracacoa is a boring place to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning. I think looking for a home is time consuming, there are so many things to look out for. Here in the DR I would say light and good water supply and having a good hospital, supermarket or even a school if there are children. If would suggest however to look on this website, which is the most popular right now, COROTOS.COM. I heard however, that in Jarabacoa the telephone signals are bad, I guess because of the mountains or trees. Good luck in your search.

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
Jarabacoa is my first choice too, as I like the mountains and cooler climate there, but my girlfriend doesnt like it so we stay most of the times in Juan Dolio or Cabarete. We stayed a couple months in Brisas de los Alpes, Jarabacoa on the road up the mountain from La Vega and it was great. Good security in a gated community with a lot of decent houses. It wont be stacked with perfect internet etc but you can get these set up. You can get a house in your price range there but you will have to go there to look around. If you look on the internet you will only see overpriced mega villas advertised.