Certification de Migratory Movement - Certification de movimientos migratorios

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
I am lost!

I am near Puerto Plata and need to obtain the above mentioned certificate from Migration for citizenship purposes.

I understand I can request this online but then they say I need to present myself rapidly with the hard copies. I understand this can only be requested by me or duly appointed person via notarized power (poder) duly legalized etc. but I dont know if someone else can present the hard copy docs after I have requested the certificate by internet. It looks like I can't.

Also it seems that I can only do this in SD at Migration and the turn around time can be from 2 to 10 days. 

Has anyone done this themselves? Help please!

Neargale

Jul 4, 2013
This forum died on me last night when I was editing my post.

The question is - did I understand all of this correctly? I dont fancy going to SD just to show them papers that I have already sent via internet!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was all set to go for citizenship instead of renewing residency the next time, but then they changed the rules yet again on citizenship. I hope you are able to get an answer which does not change in the middle of your application process, which has been all too common of late where the requirements change often.

DR1 is messed up yet again.