Matilda goes on tour

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I am going on tour accompanied by my 11 year old bodyguard, Chivirico!

I will be selling and signing my new book Life After My Saucepans and I will also have some copies of my first book What About Your Saucepans?

I will be in Sosua on Thursday December 7th at Midtown bar & restaurant from 2 pm to 6 pm. I will be having dinner at Taberna El Conde at 7 pm if anyone wants to pop in there. The books are RD$500 each, which is around RD$100 cheaper than Amazon. If you don't want to buy one come and say hi anyway.

On Friday 8th December we will move to Las Terrenas and will be at Dan and Manty's Guesthouse and Hostel from 7pm and then on Saturday 9th, from 5pm we will be at One Love Surfshack.

In January I will tour again, this time to Santo Domingo and Punta Cana.

Life After My Saucepans is about the last 7 years here, focusing on campo living. Luckily it has been well received and so far has 45 five star reviews on Amazon, What About Your Saucepans has over 150 five star reviews.

Looking forward to seeing some Dr1ers there!

Matilda

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i took a look at the Amazon reviews. wow, Matilda..i will make it a certainty to come down and get my copy on the 7th.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
If my schedule permits, I'll definitely try to make it on the 7th. I am due some vacation time.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Waiting for your Santo Domingo tour. I will be home in Santo Domingo most of Jan and Feb...Would love to meet you and your bodyguard.

kcdmps

Dec 6, 2014
The last book I read was 'Shogun' -- it was 20 - 30 years ago. I read the entire two volumes in one sitting. It was that good.

I will be on vacation in Sosua the first couple weeks in December, so I will seriously consider meeting you and buying your book. It's been a generation since I bought a book, but for you I can make an exception, I hope.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The last book I read was 'Shogun' -- it was 20 - 30 years ago. I read the entire two volumes in one sitting. It was that good.

I will be on vacation in Sosua the first couple weeks in December, so I will seriously consider meeting you and buying your book. It's been a generation since I bought a book, but for you I can make an exception, I hope.

i read Matilda's first in one sitting, also. it is that good..i can only remember one other book i read all at once..

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006

I loved Shogun too. Mine has no Japanese in it, and considerably shorter. Hope to meet you there!

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thanks so much for the review on Amazon.com DRTampa. Talk about pressure! You want not just one more book but 3 more!!

"Lindsay has outdone herself again.
This is a must read for anyone in any way familiar with the Dominican Republic or any third world culture.
I certainly hope that there will be a third, fourth and fifth.
Thank you "Matilda"."

DRTAMPA

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
See you in Sosua. I cannot wait to meet you and Chivi. Yours was the first blog I read about RD and I have been coming back every year!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Hi

Just a reminder that the Grand Tour begins this week. I will be in Sosua on Thursday December 7th at Midtown bar & restaurant from 2 pm to 6 pm. I will be having dinner at Taberna El Conde at 7 pm if anyone wants to pop in there. The books, What About Your Saucepans? and Life After My Saucepans are RD$500 each, which is around RD$100 cheaper than Amazon. If you don't want to buy one come and say hi anyway.

On Friday 8th December we will move to Las Terrenas and will be at Dan and Manty's Guesthouse and Hostel from 7pm and then on Saturday 9th, from 5pm we will be at One Love Surfshack.

In January I will tour again, this time to Santo Domingo and Punta Cana.

Life After My Saucepans is about the last 7 years here, focusing on campo living. Luckily it has been well received and so far has 45 five star reviews on Amazon, What About Your Saucepans has over 150 five star reviews. In addition Life After My Saucepans has been voted in the top 10 expat books for 2017! http://www.expatnest.com/top-10-expat-books-2017/

Looking forward to seeing some Dr1ers there!

Matilda

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Maybe we’ll get to see you in Santo Domingo during that book tour in January.  I own both of your books, and thoroughly enjoyed them.  I’d nominate you for sainthood if I could, Perils of Pauline has nothing on you.  

I think it’s great that Chivirico, your little bodyguard, will be with you, your book fans will be in for a treat when they meet him. He’s a total delight!