Sosua by the Sea v. Casa Marina Reef

mquinn

Mar 19, 2002
I will be in the North Coast area of DR for three nights starting April 1st. The friends I am traveling with want to stay in Sosua -- we are trying to keep costs down. We have narrowed our hotel choices to Sosua by the Sea or Casa Marina Reef. I found a rate of $130 per night at Casa Marina on HotelsDominica.com....... Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I like the idea of not all inclusive but wonder if we will get board without entertainment at the hotel.

Also, do you have any suggestions on where to go to eat, where to go to get a drink and listen to music at night (not huge partiers), and what we should see in the area? Are there waterfalls at IMbert and how far away are they? Sorry for all the questions -- this is my first time to the island.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Go to Hotel Don Andres instead. It's much cheaper, and is right in the neigbourhood. It's som much better without All inclusive. Hotel Yaroa and Waterfront is also good alternatives. The resort entertainments sucks. Go out to local bars instead, and listen to good bachata and merengue. A good rest. is Bologna, the bar Bologna is very good, and the beautifull girls there always play good music. La Rocka and waterfront is also good resturants. For a night snack you could go to PJ's, open 24 hours. For dancing /discko go to High caribe or Tucan in center of town. If you like Striptease, you will find that on plaza Sosua.